cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT Youview logs in to wrong account

My BT Youview box logs into someone else's account for both Now TV and Netflix. I log out through the App and reset with my details which works ok but when I log out again and go back in it defaults back to the wrong account not mine.

Bit of a security issue for the customer's account it defaults to! 

Tried factory default of box (lost all recordings) and still does the same.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's weird.

Because you mention both NowTV and Netflix that are totally separate accounts and not linked, then i would suggest if you are still a BT TV customer then get in touch with BT to see if they have any idea.

Also you may get more luck asking the question over on the Youview Community Forum if you haven't asked for assistance & help already.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I'll try BT but not expecting much help there. I've factory reset the box twice now and the Netflix app seems to hold my account data ok now but its still logging into the Now TV app with someone else's account details. I've logged out and back in with mine but once I leave and go back in it defaults back again. No wonder people have billing and hacking issues. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Funny (NOT), we’re having similar issues with someone ordering BT & Sky sports, HD TV and movies packages on our YouView box/BT account.  We don’t watch sport, don’t have an HD TV (still in Stone Age round here) and don’t have time for movies.  This has happened, must be over 10 times now.  Every time we get the order confirmation email we ring up and cancel. Every time BT say it must be our fault, kids or something.  Strange how it’s the same package EVERY time and our kids know we haven’t got an HD TV. They aren’t into sports either.  Seems to me there really may be an issue with BT YouView somewhere, I’m not going mad after all!!?