cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plumber88
Scholar

BOOST Pass.

So, sadly, we are all in yet another lockdown... and, understandably, people spend more time in front of the telly.

Is it really necessary to ask for BOOST payments to have pictures in 1080? It is 2021 after all and HD and decent sound is rather standard this days... 

Why not show some compassion and throw HD in at no additional cost? Or at least have it discounted to something really low like a quid or 50p per month?

C'mon NowTV !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@plumber88 

You do know that Now TV are owned by Sky?

And Sky charge £5 for HD on its entertainment package. Which you have to get before being able to get sports or movies.

In an ideal world Now TV would be charging for 4K and 4 streams. 

It was only within the last year that Now TV got the Boost pass. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@plumber88 

You do know that Now TV are owned by Sky?

And Sky charge £5 for HD on its entertainment package. Which you have to get before being able to get sports or movies.

In an ideal world Now TV would be charging for 4K and 4 streams. 

It was only within the last year that Now TV got the Boost pass. 

plumber88
Scholar

Yes, I know about Sky being the owner of NowTV.

And I get your point.

Still, I believe that after almost 15 years of being with us here in the UK, HD is hardly something special and asking for £3 per month on top of everything is really poor show IMHO.

Just my 2p, of course.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@plumber88 

Unfortunately in a pre Sky world charging for HD was always going to happen. 

Hopefully with Comcast owning Sky over time Now TV and Sky will properly ditch the charge for HD content. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In my opinion, if Now Tv are going to charge for the Boost Pass, it needs to offer 4K HDR / Dolby Vision content with Dolby Atmos.  As many have said HD / 5.1 should be a minimum standard.  Netflix and Amazon do offer content in 4K HDR / Dolby Vision.  If you get a Sky Q box, I think this does 4K content.  This would make the £3 extra worth it.

Now Tv Staff, please can you comment?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

From what I am seeing from Now TV in the last few months there seems to be a take or leave it approach to most of their offerings, except sport.

I did get an Entertainment offer of £8/month rather than £10/month in my email the other day, but that isn’t a patch on the offers I got 12 months ago.

I suspect Now TV will just stay as is with boost, cinema, entertainment, hayu and kids at near full price  and no new features.  There are no sticks available anymore and the availability on Amazon Fire sticks suggest there will be no new versions.

Sport at £25+/month is probably going to be the focus and it may well be that in addition to the fairly recently introduced on demand, 50fps & HD could be made standard albeit with the prices rising.  For £10 a pop the day pass should have HD and 50 FPS regardless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SweetBlitz 

I agree that the focus has certainly been on Sports for the last 9 Months though in fairness they did 3 channels to Entertainment pass early last year and sort out the last two channels supporting HD. Which was a good step but apart from that last year was focused on Red Button and Sports on Demand. 

In fairness if you get a firestick on sale they are around the same price as a NowTV stick and offer more apps and better support for example say BT Sport 4K HDR i've gone that way and just waiting for my Amazon ethernet adapter which should arrive today.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Anonymous User 

I have 2 now tv and 2 fire sticks, but until there is a 30 minute pause/rewind for live channels on the fire stick, I won’t be using it for Now TV.  Cost is not an issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SweetBlitz 

Kind of confused why is this so important to you I barely ever watch live TV there is no point these days on demand u get rid of ads, really apart from sports maybe and even then if you miss a minute or two going toilet it's no big deal.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I believe one of the reasons is to do with the Football pundits at half time.

Where let's say @SweetBlitz is not that overly keen with the pundits (not going to mention their names, where two are ex Liverpool players and one Man Utd ex player).

He has even given them nick names which I found was hilarious 😂