cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Apply a voucher button missing

@Davgille7 you could try live chat or just wait for the current pass to expire and then enter the next voucher code.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
Highlighted
Math1
Mentor

I suspect that this is a 'Sky' customer retention ruse, by hiding the option to apply a voucher, wait for people to forget to cancel their subscription and pay the monthly subscription costs rather than applying vouchers, which tend to work out more reasonably.

0 Thanks
Tom-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

@Math1 it's not that at all. The team who've been working on the new My Account pages that recently launched figured it was illogical for us to let customers see a button to apply a voucher, only to be told they couldn't when clicking on it. It was an oversight that the button needs to be visible in the last month of the package, but this is being worked on.

Thanks,

Tom

Mojeh
Advocate

I have 3 days left on my sky movies pass. I hope they finish working on it quickly.... based on my experience with software development, theres no way it will take more than a couple of hours to fix it - if it is indeed actually being worked on.

Also why am i required to add a payment card to my account in order to apply passes? Its clearly to catch people out who forget to top up.

Personally, based on my experience with sky, I would be inclined to agree with @Math1
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mojeh It's only to prove you are over 18 and live in the UK. You only purchase what you want to use and can cancel whenever you want. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Davgille7
Mentor

Once my entertainment pass ran out, the apply a voucher sign came back. Lucky for me I got a voucher code for a free month. So I've used that, then when it runs out , I'll add my other 3 months voucher. Seems like a lot of hassle to me. It would be much easier to apply all my vouchers at the one time instead of having to cancel every time I add a voucher and wait for it to run out before applying the next voucher
0 Thanks
Geluk
Expert 2

Cat Very Happy

Previously been advised "Apply" Voucher" button would appear, when there was under month left on current Pass.

It didn'tSmiley Mad

I was in that period, but only button was "Cancel", except "Apply" did show on Movies + Sport Passes- these I don't use.

If I'd let things run without involving Cust Service, assume my registered Card would have been charged £6.99.

Don't understand why a fix isn't being quickly applied; seems simples

0 Thanks
Geluk
Expert 2

RE " customers see a button to apply a voucher, only to be told they couldn't when clicking on it".

As Vouchers are always applied from date of expiry of the current one in use, the logical fix would be reinstating "APPLY VOUCHER" link even when current pass valid; would lock customers in to you for longer which is positive financially/make life easier for subscribersRobot tongue.

0 Thanks
Rich-L
Elite 2

Hi @Geluk,

Apologies for the frsutrating experience you had.

Thanks for the honenst and helpful feedback. I'll pass it along to our developers.

Many thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

esxboi
Advocate

@@Tom-R

1. Perhaps youd could tell me why if that's really the case why I'm still having the same issue today, 2 years after you wrote that you was fixing the problem? Ive just finished the 14 day free trial for movies and entertainment, added the 2 month free voucher i got with my new xbox one, but canceled sky movies aa i didn't want to be charged tomorrow 9.99 now i have no way of buying and adding a voucher for sky movies which i can obviously by cheaper than your monthly 9.99 charge, especialy when its Black Friday at the moment and voucchers being offerd at 50% less!
0 Thanks