cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apply a voucher button missing

I had a 3 month entertainment pass and before it finished I clicked cancel so it would not charge me again.

However I have bought a pass from a high street store and want to apply it as I only have 4 days left on the current one.

I have gone into my account and under the entertainment section the only option it gives me is a link to click on that says RESTART.

The link for APPLY A VOUCHER is not there to click on.

Can someone help please
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you could try live chat or just wait for the current pass to expire and then enter the next voucher code.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suspect that this is a 'Sky' customer retention ruse, by hiding the option to apply a voucher, wait for people to forget to cancel their subscription and pay the monthly subscription costs rather than applying vouchers, which tend to work out more reasonably.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not that at all. The team who've been working on the new My Account pages that recently launched figured it was illogical for us to let customers see a button to apply a voucher, only to be told they couldn't when clicking on it. It was an oversight that the button needs to be visible in the last month of the package, but this is being worked on.

Thanks,

Tom

Geluk
Expert 2

RE " customers see a button to apply a voucher, only to be told they couldn't when clicking on it".

As Vouchers are always applied from date of expiry of the current one in use, the logical fix would be reinstating "APPLY VOUCHER" link even when current pass valid; would lock customers in to you for longer which is positive financially/make life easier for subscribersRobot tongue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Geluk,

Apologies for the frsutrating experience you had.

Thanks for the honenst and helpful feedback. I'll pass it along to our developers.

Many thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this issue, it appears if you cancel a deal your on, you cannot apply another deal till the 1st deal has expired!

Anyway if your missing the button you can try using the link it would have had, i.e. for Entertainment its https://account.nowtv.com/passes/buy-with-voucher/entertainment/ENTERTAINMENT_SUBSCRIPTION_MONTH/app...

For other passes just change the relevant word, note capitalisation is important. However if your not entitled it will still fail!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@@Tom-R

1. Perhaps youd could tell me why if that's really the case why I'm still having the same issue today, 2 years after you wrote that you was fixing the problem? Ive just finished the 14 day free trial for movies and entertainment, added the 2 month free voucher i got with my new xbox one, but canceled sky movies aa i didn't want to be charged tomorrow 9.99 now i have no way of buying and adding a voucher for sky movies which i can obviously by cheaper than your monthly 9.99 charge, especialy when its Black Friday at the moment and voucchers being offerd at 50% less!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 3 days left on my sky movies pass. I hope they finish working on it quickly.... based on my experience with software development, theres no way it will take more than a couple of hours to fix it - if it is indeed actually being worked on.

Also why am i required to add a payment card to my account in order to apply passes? Its clearly to catch people out who forget to top up.

Personally, based on my experience with sky, I would be inclined to agree with @Anonymous User
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's only to prove you are over 18 and live in the UK. You only purchase what you want to use and can cancel whenever you want. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Once my entertainment pass ran out, the apply a voucher sign came back. Lucky for me I got a voucher code for a free month. So I've used that, then when it runs out , I'll add my other 3 months voucher. Seems like a lot of hassle to me. It would be much easier to apply all my vouchers at the one time instead of having to cancel every time I add a voucher and wait for it to run out before applying the next voucher