cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another unable to pay

Second month in a row now. I have received an email stating I haven't paid. My payment is via a regular bank card.

The last time, despite my statement on the NOW account saying I had paid, the money had NOT been taken from my account and the first I knew was my service was restricted.

I was unable to make payment by card on the website.

I then spent about 4 hours both on the phone to some hapless individuals on the help team and also the technical people at HSBC. There is no block, or issue at their end and the only plausible reason they could come up with is that NOW won't adopt the OTP (one time password) system. As a result of this the bank are unable to make my payments.

Some may suggest using another account, I did this as a one off but seeing as this is used for business I will only pay via my business account.

Has anyone had a similar issue? If so, did you manage to resolve it please before they decide to switch me off again.

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

You use NOW TV for business? Maybe that's the problem. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No. It isn't the problem. The problem is that I am unable to pay NOW.

That is their problem.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I have never had an OTP request for a recurring card payment, maybe that's the issue with your business account which doesn't allow it? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It isn't a specifically business account. It is a current account that I use purely for my business. 

chilli2
Elite

Now broadband is a home/personal broadband service, and not a business / work service, or even one that is suitable for working from home 

If it's critical for business/work then you would be better off on a business account from another ISP/service (ie sky business)

As such the support won't be up to a business level, and there could be a few other issues, such as no vat receipts invoices etc.

If it works on your other card then use that

Anonymous User
Not applicable

While I use it for work I'm an electrician so the extent of use work wise is certification and emails as a rule both of which use way less than provided. 

Not being VAT registered that isn't an issue either. 

My issue is that NOW will not accept my payments and I will not have them.dictate which bank account I use. I am aware that the other account also commonly send OTP codes on new transactions and assume this will also be an issue there. 

I believe I am still within my year contract with NOW so would prefer simply to be able to pay rather than mess about arguing my way out of a contract, particularly with a company like Sky.