cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Already cancelled and still billed

Hi I have already cancelled all my packages so I am trying to see how I get my refund back on all these please 

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

There are two separate issues here.

Firstly, Cancelling does not actually cancel any Passes you have running; really, what you are Cancelling is any future Passes that NowTV would otherwise bill you for.

So you shouldn’t expect any money back for Passes you have running.

But you say ‘still billed’; is this because you are expecting money back, but as above that’s not how it works, or have NowTV taken further money since you thought you cancelled?

If so, do you have emails confirming the cancellation(s) from before the date(s) of the further billing(s)?

But whether you do or not, if you have not used the Passes in the period any additional charges were applied, then get onto Live Chat, explain, and see if they can sort it out for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled Now TV about two years ago and have randomly had £11.99 taken from my account today.  As we do not have an account now, I cannot log in to get help. I called the help line only to be told to check web pages and got cut off ( three time).  The on line chat does not seem to be working either. 

I do not know where else to go for help.  What a terrible system.  I am wondering if our details have been stolen from their files.  

Any help appreciated.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Cancelling NowTV, i.e. cancelling all your passes, does not delete your account; as you have posted here, which requires an account, I presume you have set up a new one?

But if you still have details of the old one, try going back into it to see what has happened.

The most usual way that an account gets hijacked, if this has happened here, is a local security breach, not a central one. How did you watch NowTV before? If it was via a device that you have later disposed of, without removing your account details first, then anyone plugging the device in and going into NowTV will be using your account for anything they choose to watch.

Could this have happened here? 

Please let let us know if you think this might be the case, and separately whether you can recall your previous account details, and these will determine where you should go from here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.