cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chilli2
Elite

Adds on Now TV ?- but its a premium subscription service, what are you thinking of Marina Storti?

Now TV is a premium subscription based  Video on demand service (SVOD) , one of many that are now available such as Netflix, Disney plus, amazon prime and so on

None of the premium SVOD services, listed above force you to watch adverts.

"Free" video on demand services such as My5, All 4, ITV hub etc contain adverts however these services are free at the point of delivery, where the price paid by the viewer is having to watch a few adverts

It is absolutely perverse that a company such as Now Tv sees it fit to continue to charge for a service that, if it contains adverts should be "free" at the point of delivery as per  ITV hub, All4, My5 etc, and its no acceptable to discount accounts to any value other than £0.00 per month.

When now Tv first started, it was a way to get ( and pay for)  reduced Sky TV content if you couldn't get Sky via standard means, it also offered a way to legitimately watch content, instead of going down the Kodi with a few add on's route.

This retro grade move by Now TV/Sky will effectively drive away customers who will switch to other services, and even back into the hands of the so called "IPTV" bandits

You can email the managing Director of Now TV, Marina Storti at [email removed]

might get a little further than the echo chamber of a customer forum with no company reps

12 REPLIES 12
chilli2
Elite

Now TV has been operating for over 8 years without adds.

The price has gone up, other services offer more (in terms of entertainment and movies) for less and then putting adds on top is just greedy.

If it wasn't viable to operate without adds, now TV would have changed years ago.

The only thing that has changed is Comcast taking over and failing to understand that this is not the USA 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@chilli2 Now has been operating for 8 years WITH ads. All live content contains ads and has done since it's inception.

I'm paying less than I was a year ago. With the roll out of personalised offers and finally getting retention deals, I pay less than 1/2 of the advertised prices.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chilli2 

Comcast don’t care what country it is. 

It’s their business model and they are changing the UK model to match theirs. No doubt the German, Austrian and Italian markets will follow suit. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help