cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ad free paying for boost but still have to suffer ads!!!

When I'm paying for boost to not have ad's why do I have to suffer ads at the start of shows (in this case House which is 15 years old!!)??

It's annoying but especially so when it's the same annoying ad for something I'm not interested in again and again...

Dragon nonsense but even worse the lefty multi millionaire coogan tonight, about as funny as syphilis

I don't want to listen to this rubbish when I'm paying not to have ads!!

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this promotions for Sky content that lasts about 30 seconds? 
If so then they aren’t classed as adverts, they are trailers and not going away anytime soon. A skip button would be nice like Amazon.

Or are you watching Live TV? If so adverts are NEVER going away regardless of boost or not.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes it's the trailers before box sets, as you say you're unable to fast forward through or skip - It's extremely irritating when you have to see the same one again and again when binge watching shows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another dose of the steve coogan ###### tonight, is that how desperate NOWTV are they have to punt that crap?? Time to cancel I think, not worth seeing that ###### for the sake of watching a 15 year old TV show.... Wouldn't be so bad but got through dragon crap, then an error message, then coogan ###### just to get the next episode of house!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another dose of Coogan ######, really irritating when I keep spamming the forum, almost as annoying as being forced to watch that ###### promotion on a paid subscription where I pay extra to not suffer adverts....

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Whilst I get your frustration, posting several times on a customer forum won't get anything done I am afraid. 

Your best to vent on social media as this forum staff seldom monitor and post on the threads.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Actually, while it won’t get anything done, we could commend Amazon Prime to the potty-mouthed, where JustWatch informs me that they have all 8 seasons of House; and I have just checked, and they do, and they are free to Prime users (which not everything on Amazon Prime is).

It’s all House, and no Dragons, over there 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

While Amazon is good, it doesn't have some of the shows I want to watch, in this case though you're right. The fire tv sick is so much faster than now tv, better interface, much better fast forward and rewind (hopelessly cr4p on Now) and ability to skip trailers... Might be time to cancel nowtv (especially boost)!!