cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Account restarted without permission

Hi, I just noticed that I've been paying £9.99 for Now TV since November 21.  I haven't been a NOW TV customer since 2020, and when I asked what was going on I was told that someone used my login details in 2021.  My devices all show the account hasn't been used since 2020 so what's going on, NOW TV refuses to accept they might be in the wrong.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  Did they get to the bottom of it with Now TV?  

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If someone is using your account, I’d change your password and put a payment PIN on it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-password
https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

Otherwise I’d keep pestering support until you can come to a resolution.

Just make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Address for support is in the below picture.

gavs82008_0-1653499134791.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Sound advice above, but one question you should ask yourself: did you ever share your membership/login details with anyone else?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for getting back to me, no I've never shared my login details.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The date and time under your account device list only tells when somebody has actually watched any NOW content and can't track when somebody is navigating or browsing the NOW App or buying / starting a Membership.

Have you also checked under your emails / spam/ deleted folders of any NOW correspondence around November 2021.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I haven't checked emails, thanks for the tip.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, just checked, no emails from Now TV from  that period.  Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, just checked, no emails from Now TV from  that period.  Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Hi @Anonymous User 

Doesn't mean anything, but if there was any NOW email correspondence around the date of when the monthly subscription restarted then this email might give a clue on what's happened.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

In the old days, someone with your account details could use a device and then delete it out of your list, but since Now introduced automatic device handling, this is no longer the case.

So if you have a device list which shows no 2021 activity, we are left with only Schnapps mechanism for achieving this, which is that a pass has been bought but never used.

Which would be a very odd thing for someone to do, and seems far less likely than the hypothesis that Now have made a mistake.

Have you asked Now to clarify how, exactly, the account has been used? And if so, or if you do, does their claim agree with that, exactly? Or are they claiming the account has actually been used?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.