cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Account not recognised by TV

Hi 

I am a new member. I can watch content on my laptop no problem, but my TV won't accept my login details on the Now app. 

I have had a live chat with someone from Now and they said they couldn't find my account. But I am logged in. They said they would look into it for me. That was a few days ago. 

So I am paying £11.98 a month for not being able to watch anything on my TV with my family. 

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Liz

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device is it your using?

Are using your handle ID or email for login?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to access it on an LG TV. 

The one that is working is a MacBook Air. 

I'm using my email address to login.

Many thanks

Liz

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is there any error message or error code when attempting to input your email address and NOW password under the My Account tile section on the native NOW App on your LG Smart TV ?

Or does it say "Account not Recognised" ?

Have you tried a fresh App download from your LG Smart Apps Store and attempt to sign in again with your NOW login credentials that you can watch on your MacBook ?

If that doesn't work try unplugging the power to the LG TV for say two minutes, then try the login again using the fresh downloaded NOW App.

Other than that maybe try typing something like LG TV Account Not Recognised " or whatever error message you are seeing in the NOW Community Forum search box to see if anybody has posted a similar thread with a solution.

This is a long shot, but if your NOW password has special characters like & # +/ etc etc then see if changing your password to a combination of letters and numbers makes any difference.

Going back a while special characters caused login problems on certain NOW playback devices (though i believe it was mainly NOW branded devices and Roku Players, but you rarely got any reports about this happening now, so i am assuming NOW / Roku fixed it).

Unfortunately i don't own an LG Smart TV to offer any further advice or help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks. 

The error message I get on my TV is: "Sorry we did not recognise either your username or pasword. Unable to locate any account with this email."

I will have a go at the things you suggested!

Best wishes 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like the person on this identical linked thread below is encountering the same problem.

Maybe tag them on the thread below to see if they have resolved it somehow should none of my other suggestions help.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/LG-TV-login-password-and-email-not-recognised/m-p/567925 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This suggestion on this linked thread below worked for a few different errors on an LG Smart TV when using NOW.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/LG-TV-Error-Code-PL-0/m-p/554985 

I haven't seen anybody report it works for issues with the NOW App sign in, but worth a try.

Also make sure the firmware on your LG TV is fully up to date.

I know VPN's and the App being download from the wrong region ie Republic of Ireland NOW App on UK NOW customers LG Smart TV's purchased in the UK and vice versa can cause various problems using NOW.

Maybe last resort try a full factory reset on your LG TV and set it up from scratch again which is a pain and time consuming.

Also surprised NOW live chat can't find your UK NOW account.

See if you can find it yourself by using the Account Finder green button on this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account 

When using the Account Finder Tool make sure it is looking under a UK NOW database.

Usually gb in the url address bar on your online account denotes you are on a UK webpage, ie denotes Republic of Ireland and it denotes NOW Italy.

If none of these are on the url address bar when on the NOW website with your browser then it is a common shared general page between all three NOW customer regions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps and @gavs82008 

A quick update. I went back live chat and found they had lost my original enquiry. 

They have now referred my case to the technical team. They think something went wrong when I opened the account as they don't have a record of it existing. 

I have been waiting since Monday 15th January so it looks like it's not going to get resolved and I will be cancelling my subscription before the second month's payment kicks in. 

Thank you for trying to help

Liz