cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gjayne
Advocate

Account name change

Hello has anyone had trouble with changing the name on the account. 
I set up the now tv account with my email and my payment details and phone number but under my abusive exs name. I have spoken to live chat and I cannot change the name apparently because it is someone else’s! This is very triggering for me as the relationship was very toxic! I’ve already payed for subscriptions and it’s my only email address I do not want another one just for this! Please help! I have made a complaint but I’m not happy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite 2

Broadband account, or TV streaming?

If TV streaming and its on a pay as you go/monthly basis then just cancel it and re-open a new account for streaming .

There could be a GDPR aspect as well, as you could claim the data they hold on you is incorrect, and they have your name wrong and as such it needs to be rectified

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chilli2
Elite 2

Broadband account, or TV streaming?

If TV streaming and its on a pay as you go/monthly basis then just cancel it and re-open a new account for streaming .

There could be a GDPR aspect as well, as you could claim the data they hold on you is incorrect, and they have your name wrong and as such it needs to be rectified

Gjayne
Advocate

@chilli2 

it is tv account and i did give my best to try and say they haven’t asked for data protection or id when the account was set. I didn’t think about the GDPR! I’ll see if that will work. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gjayne 

To echo the question from @chilli2 is this for TV or broadband?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Gjayne
Advocate

@gavs82008 

it is tv