cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Account help by email required

Have a phone billing issue. Need to discuss it via chat or email for accessibility reasons. Chat passed my query on to email team for them to contact me. They replied, and said to reply to their email, but when I do it says the mailbox is full, so wasn’t delivered. Contacted chat again and asked them to let them know mailbox full so I can’t reply. Refused. Explained again regarding accessibility issues, and refused again. Told me to phone. Again explained that wasn’t an option due to reasons that are a protected characteristic under the equality act, and again said you can’t help me then. This is breaking the law under the equality act to not allow equal contact for someone with a protected characteristic as someone without that characteristic. You have to put in reasonable adaptions, which in this case is simply an email address that doesn’t bounce because It’s full. You can’t by law just refuse to help me unless I ‘normalise’. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NOW have said over on Twitter that customers are getting a mail box full message, but they have reassured customers that they can see and read the emails sent.

Alternatively you could try this email address in the screenshot below if it's different to the email address that you was using.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NOW have said over on Twitter that customers are getting a mail box full message, but they have reassured customers that they can see and read the emails sent.

Alternatively you could try this email address in the screenshot below if it's different to the email address that you was using.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps - Thank you. That’s great. It would be good if the staff at Now knew that instead of telling me I just have to find a way to phone, disability or not! 😩

appreciate your help. Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forget to mention I don't know if this NOW article in the link below helps in anyway for those with accessibility needs.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/accessibility-support 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow thank you. That’s really helpful. All they offered was details of how to close my account, which I’ve said my new supplier can do for me. I’ll paste that in the disability forums though for other customers in the future. Thank you.