cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Account Blocked / IP Blocked

The past few days of 'using' NowTV has been a pain in the...

I added an entertainment pass on 31/05 and  I was able to watch this for a few hours.  When attempting to watch it later that evening I couldn't sign in.  A red box, instead of username/password fields, was showing saying "Unable to load sign in, please try again later".  I also would see an error 288 on any SKY ID related pages.

This red box was showing on any device: PC (various browsers), PS4 regardless of whether I was logged in.  This led me to believe that it was an IP issue as NowTV couldn't know my account was blocked if I wasn't even logged in.  As a test I went onto a mobile internet connection and the login boxes showed, thus meaning the IP was an issue. I am with Virgin and my IP is a static one; I cannot switch the router off and get a new one assigned.

I have had several livechats - most times being told my NowTV account was blocked even though I was saying about the login boxes not showing on non-signed in devices.

After several emails it looks like my IP has been unblocked, I have no idea why it was blocked to begin with, as I can now see my login details.  But the next problem:  it does seem my actual NowTV account has been blocked so I still cannot sign in / reset password. 

So I have been tag teamed with an: IP block AND a NowTV account block.  Just for watching, in the same house, on the same day, your TV programmes.

I haven't used NowTV in any nefarious way.  The only thing I can think of is that I had previously had the location setting set to ON on my Android tablet.  I switched this off and then accessed NowTV a little later in the day.  I am not sure if this flagged me as having done something wrong such as thinking my location had radically altered?

I will let my entertainment pass run out and will be loathed to ever use NowTV again.  I have used it in the past without any issues but this time has been an utter pain. I have lost the entire weekend of TV on one of my first weekends off in I cannot think how long.

I have used an old account to be able to post this message as I cannot login to use my current active account because of the password reset problem.

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Zed

You problem seems to be confusing and mysterious, for example, you said, "So I have been tag teamed with an: IP block AND a NowTV account block.  Just for watching, in the same house, on the same day, your TV programmes."

Your ISP is Virgin and you are using Now TV, it just makes no sense that they would both block you simultaneously unless they were not being paid.

I know that my ISP once partially blocked my Internet service and some of my bookmarks temporarily, when my bank switch did not go through as smoothly as advertised.

However, to be blocked without warning for using a service you are paying for does not sound right and so there must be some other underlying problem that you have not discovered yet.

So there's only one thing can now do:

Contact Virgin help and find out if they have any reason to block you. If they do not then report it as a fault.

One other thing, I used to be a Virgin customer, back in the dim and distant, and found them to be somewhat high handed.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is now 11 days and counting since my account was blocked. The IP issue is fixed as I am able to at least see the login boxes but the account is still blocked. 

I have contacted live chat on 5 occasions and have been told my case has been escalated.  I don't know how far down the pile my concern is/was because none of these escalations has fixed the issue.

What do they have to do to get my account unblocked?  Re-program the entire system?

The support and the care for my account has been, and continues to be, abysmal.