cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apuk2004
Scholar 2

6 device limit not enough.

Ok so surely I can't be the only one that thinks the 6 device limit is a bit limited?

I don't really see why there is even a device limit since other streaming platforms like Netflix don't impose this.

In my house I have 2 PlayStations, 2 Youview boxes, 2 firesticks and a Chromecast aswell as an Android phone. OK it doesn't need to be activated on all devices but it's handy when your using a system to have the apps on it rather than unplug a device to use another device just for NOW TV.

I have BOOST via BT and pay enough for this so would really like to see NOW TV allow us to register more than 6 devices.

12 REPLIES 12
starman73
Elite

Can't see the rationale behind this...

Me neither. It is one of the hangovers from using Sky Go engine. Virgin have a single stream on up to six devices on Sky Sports, but 2 streams on 5 devices for all other channels.

My opinion is that you should be able to stream twice per pass (with extra stream if you buy boost), so rather than been stuck with 2 streams if you have sports, hayu, cinema, entertainment and kids, you get up to 10 simultaneous streams.  It’s not as if you pay less for multiple passes, so why should you get less streams. And as many devices as you can possibly use and as many changes as you want.

I have sports separate from cinema/entertainment as there isn’t much overlap in our house.  Use Now TV sticks (with 30 minute pause) for sports with boost, and now have cinema/entertainment on fire TV sticks.  Works out pretty well even with a few tablets and phones.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep it's ridiculous constantly changing and swapping is annoying. It's bad enough that you can only watch content on 3 devices (2 without boost) but as mentioned other platforms multiple devices and users considering how much they charge per package it's alot of money! Yes you can access Disney+, Amazon, Netflix and alot of other free services but there own services falls flat, Also I cancelled movies in February all confirmed and was still charged for May and had to cancel again. Sort ut out Now TV!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Couldn't agree more about the "device swaps", its a royal pain in the rear end! Trying to keep it PG for the forum haha. 

Seriosuly though Comcast who owns Sky, launched Peacock in the US which is the same tech as NOW. Ironically that service isn't restricted to this 6 device nonsense. 

Think the issue was down to contract agreements back in the early days which meant there was a restriction on having x number of devices. If I am not mistaken I beleive it could have been HBO, because they do the same thing with HBO Spain, which my parents use from time to time. 

So hopefully that part of the "agreement" will be expiring and NOW will join the rest of the services and not restricting us on having 6 devices registered at any one time. 

As for the membership charges. Best way around that is to take screenshots and send an email to customer support, address on the below picture. 

Now TV customer service.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help