cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apuk2004
Scholar 2

6 device limit not enough.

Ok so surely I can't be the only one that thinks the 6 device limit is a bit limited?

I don't really see why there is even a device limit since other streaming platforms like Netflix don't impose this.

In my house I have 2 PlayStations, 2 Youview boxes, 2 firesticks and a Chromecast aswell as an Android phone. OK it doesn't need to be activated on all devices but it's handy when your using a system to have the apps on it rather than unplug a device to use another device just for NOW TV.

I have BOOST via BT and pay enough for this so would really like to see NOW TV allow us to register more than 6 devices.

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@apuk2004 

Absolutely agree that the 6 device limit is a joke. 
As far as I’m aware Disney+, Netflix, Amazon, All4, iTV Hub, Discovery+ don’t even have a “registered limit”. 

Typically old school Sky rules are still in place over Now TV. Whereas Comasts answer to a US streamer is Peacock TV, which is based on the same technology has zero limit on this registered devices. It’s 1080p by default and 3 streams all part of even the free tier. 

In my personal opinion, I’d like to hope it’s a matter of time for Now TV to transition into something similar where it’s 1080p without “boost” and no registration limit on devices.

Under Comcast Now TV has improved a lot over the last year compared to its progress under “Sky” previously. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
apuk2004
Scholar 2

Well I'm going to send another email to customer services and suggest they either remove the limit or increase it to at least 10 devices.

I only need 7 or 8 to cover all my devices but larger households may need more slots.

I suggest as many people here also email them asking for the device limit to be increased or removed all together and maybe then they'll listen.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@apuk2004 

Funnily the number of times I’ve had to contact support to “help me” out after “maxing” the device swaps just to watch content on my devices.

Completely removing the requirements for registering devices will save a lot of queries. It might also give people better reason to subscribe as they’ll are given the same freedom as Amazon and Disney etc. 

apuk2004
Scholar 2

Yeah I had to contact them shortly after I joined the service as I needed to rearrange my registered devices and they just reset the allowance. It's laughable really.

I mean no one's expecting them to allow you to play on more than 2 or 3 devices simultaneously (unless you pay more of course) we just don't see why there should be a limit to how many devices can have it installed.

Netflix seems to have the right model and don't have a device limit.

• £5.99 per month The cheapest membership allows subscribers to watch on one device at a time in standard definition
  • £8.99 per month Standard subscription - Viewers can watch in HD and on two devices at a time.
  • £11.99 a month Premium subscription - Viewers can watch in Ultra HD where available, on four devices at a time.
starman73
Elite

Split passes between accounts.

Have a Sports account with 6 devices

Have a Cinema account with 6 devices

Have an Entertainment account with 6 devices

18 devices; 6 concurrent streams. 

Add boost to sports if need be and get a 7th stream.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

Whilst that’s a very sensible setup, I think we can all agree that Now TV/Sky seriously need to ditch this limit on registering devices.

Personally speaking I’m far too lazy creating and managing multiple accounts just to have more than “6 devices” running Now TV.

In an ideal world Now TV will operate like almost every other streaming service out there and only monitor the number of streams that’s coming from a single account. 

Have said it across many threads and going to keep saying it, Comcast’s US streaming service Peacock TV is based on the same technology as Now TV and they do not limit the number of devices registered. Nor do they charge for 1080p. 
In fact their “premium” tier with ads is a mere $5 and an extra $5 to have no ads. Being a Peacock TV subscriber with only the premium plan I have yet to encounter any ads.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am need 6 devices  

apuk2004
Scholar 2

Hi Andy,

Ref: 08642284

Thank you for getting back to us.

As general information, NOWTV can only allow a max of 6 devices to be registered to an account, and we cannot change this limit of 6 to a higher number, however I will pass your feedback on to the relevant teams for review.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you're on chat give us your reference number 08642284

Thanks,

Shae

The NOW TV Team

Hopefully "Shae" printed my email out, made 50 copies and popped it on the desks of all the developers and all the managers at NOW TV. Probably just deleted it tho and filed as fixed.

plumber88
Scholar

Absolutely, there is no need to limit devices to 6 and only creates mayhem from time to time.

Limit on simultaneous streams should suffice.

Can't see the rationale behind this, really...