cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

5 month Entertainment Pass cancelled prematurely

I purchased a 5 month entertainment pass on 17 august which I applied to my account and was confirmed as a 5 month pass. Today I've had an email saying that the pass has been cancelled. 1 month isn't 5 months. 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently on a free 12 month cinema pass due to end 04/2020 and have had an email saying will end this month. I intend to use live chat tomorrow to find out why as my account gives the correct end date. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Aren’t you wondering who cancelled it? I would be.

But some offers, when you cancel them early, expire at the end of the current month, instead of at the end of the five months; so to get the most out of them without going on to chargeable, you have to wait until you are in the last month to cancel them.

This is probably in the small print of the Pass you have.

During that last month, you have the option to resurrect the Pass by going into it and doing that.

But once it has expired, if you want it back, then you have to throw yourself on the mercy of Live Chat, and ask them to resurrect it for you.

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, and haven’t set an Ad Blocker, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Today I've had an email saying that the pass has been cancelled.

Can you paste the contents of the email, removing any personal details?  

Also check Passes & Vouchers on a browser.  Paste a screenshot on here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found out about my email. As my account was correct when I checked it I asked on live chat about the email and they think it is a spam/phishing email. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

What email address sent the email?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was [email removed]

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Write email as whoever AT wherever.com

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Was it

mission.control AT realtime.message.nowtv.com

if so, not spam. It will have following text...

Thanks for being one of the gang. But you’ve now cancelled your Sky Cinema Month Pass.

You can carry on enjoying our mighty movie collection until Sat 19 Oct 2019.

Drop by again any time

Don’t forget, we’re always adding new movies and if you’re itching for some more big screen action, you can start watching again any time.

Come back in just a few clicks:

1. Sign in to My Account with your username or email address
2. Click on any ‘BUY PASS’ button.

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No. It was as I posted before. Took a few screenshot. 

Screenshot_20190928-091927.png

Screenshot_20190928-091838.png

Screenshot_20190928-091903.png