cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sparker
Mentor

£5 boost

I've had boost and entertainment for years but now they want to put it up to 5 pounds a month. So I've cancelled it and now they are even showing adverts too.

I thought it was only new subscribers ? It's a shame because I would have carried on on just to keep the wildlife documentaries but there's plenty  on YouTube now

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sparker 

One of the main purposes of boost is to remove third party adverts from on demand content. So it’s expected that you’re now getting adverts. 

The full price of boost is actually now £6 😡 however during the cancellation process you should have been given a discounted rate. Which is how I’m only paying £2.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sparker
Mentor

No I didn't get any offer that's part of the reason I cancelled, never mind. I will probably cancel entertainment and put that money towards YouTube for a year or so. Most of the Sky Nature content has been there for 2 years or so 🤔

I tried watching it with adverts last night, the picture quality is ok but forced adverts are even worse than 1990s sky+ ! at least you could ff them !

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sparker 

You could always try speaking with staff via live chat for any discounts as I’ve recently taken a rentention offer to get £2 a month for boost.

Make sure to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

joma
Advocate

Boost shouldn’t even exist. Full HD, Surround Sound, and Ad Free Content should be included as standard, as they are on all other streaming platforms.

What are they boosting? If anything it should be called “Uncrapify”.

*Add “Uncrapify” for an extra £6 a month and enjoy decent service. Haggle with us and get “Uncrapify” for only £2 extra a month!

It’s extortionate and extremely scammy.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@joma 

Your wrong. Advert free is applied to higher tier of Netflix. 

Disney will be bringing adverts at some point, with NO reduction in price. As it's done in the US they brought in a higher fee for no ads. 

Discovery+ has ads and you can't even pay more to get rid of them.

Paramount+ has shown interest in bringing ads to the non US market. 

chilli2
Elite

Agree with the above, Other services do have add supported packages, however these are very much budget variations .

If you want movies+entertainment add free Nows streaming product is poor value , the only reason i dip in and out is if there is something i particularly want to watch, but as they say other services are available