cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 lots of direct debits taken for no service

Has anyone else have this problem?

Bought preview box as it had the usual 1,2 or 3 month trial offer.

Except when we tried to set up and use we could get no signal. Nothing.

Transpiers we live in one of the areas where reception is non existant or so low its not worth bothering with.

Many,many months later my partner checked his bank statement and found that £7.99 and £9.99 were both being taken from his account!!! 

Nowtv are going round and round in circles. They cant see the £9.99 being applied to his nowtv account but can see the £7.99.  Even with bank statement being emailed to them to show the payment. Their view is this is fraudulant activity and to report to bank and police.

Bank says it isnt and its nowtv's ###### up to which they are not admitting!

Wish had never bought this piece of crap.

£30 to buy it,£18 a month being taken out of bank,and nowtv doesnt want to know or resolve this.

Shameful company,i bet we are not the only ones being ripped off. And definately no compensation being offered or refund for services not used. Or refund of money being taken from bank account without permission.

Should rename this company NOWTtv.

8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I am puzzled by the no signal issue.  Are you trying to watch Now via an aerial?  You need an internet connection.   

As for charges. You simply need to cancel by going to each pass and cancelling one at a time.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

This all started about 2-3 yrs ago. I must have had internet connection to set up details of account and email address.

We did not know that after the trial was over that charges would start coming out of partners bank as this never worked from the first instant. So i can understand £7.99 being taken from us but not also the £9.99 that we know nothing of. And so it seems nor does the help center.

The box was binned straight away. And i would have cancelled the pass if i knew they were going to apply it to his account.

Partially my partners fault for not checking his statements. But we have no knowledge of setting up any of these passes and NowTV cant explain the £9.99,cant see it on our account and have no idea what its about although bank statement for £7.99 and £9.99 both say the same receipient.

We have sent about 14 emails to them and basically all they keep asking for is the last four digits of card,email address,home address,and who else lives in our household,screen shot of statement. To which we keep answering the questions and have asked this to be escalated twice as we are not getting any closer to an answer. If anything it looks like we are playing a cat and mouse game with the advisors as there is still no closure.

Kind regards

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User £9.99 is for movies. Check back on statements to see if you were previously charged £8.99 if you were you have had an active movies account. You can go onto chat and ask them to delink the card from the account. To identify the account go to "my passes" https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge. Select the movie option.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is the issue,we havn't signed up for ANY passes. We wanted to try the free trial first to see if this was worth using but as we couldnt use it we subscribed to SKY instead.  Nowtv deny any knowledge of us having a Cinema/Movie pass on our account but the bank statement clearly states that they have been taking these two debits from my partners bank account.

The bank has cancelled these debits. But although the whole situation has been explained several times by email they are not resolving the fact this money has been going out for a service we didnt want,couldnt access and have NEVER used!!

Its been very difficult getting anywhere with Nowtv.

Kind regards.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when you do a trial with Now you are signing up for passes. The trial is 2 weeks to see if you like it, during which time you can cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No this was definatley a 3 month pass. And we had to put bank details in to activate this offer along with proof that we were over 18 and a UK resident.

So this still does not explain the £9.99 that we have been paying, that Nowtv DENIES any knowledge of yet proof is there in black and white?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the way I see it you either complete the form in my previous post. You will need to do one for each of the pass types. Or you ignore advise and continue not to get help. Your choice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can you cancel a pass when it does not appear on your Nowtv a/c?

The £7.99 we can apply to this a/c as it shows previouse payments with dates and card number used.

The £9.99 does not show up anywhere! This is confirmed by Nowtv.

They have NO record of this on our Nowtv a/c!

I am not ignoring your advice but i cant get you or Nowtv to understand that we have been paying for something that does not show up on our Nowtv a/c but is there on our bank statements!!