cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDWS
Mentor

12 month membership

Hi

If a12 month membership is taken at a reduced price offer which says it can be cancelled at any time. Does this mean at anytime after the initial 12 months OR at anytime once the membership has been taken, say for example after just 1 month?

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CDWS 

You need to read the offer carefully including the attached T&C's.

If it says cancel anytime, then you can cancel in month 1, 2, 3 etc and only pay for the months you have watched.

If it's the current 12 months at £21 per month Sports offer on the NOW website, then this is a no contract cancel anytime offer.

I have noticed recently NOW have started introducing fixed term deals, where during the term agreement you can't cancel.

There is currently a six months Entertainment & Cinema combined deal for £12 per month which has a fixed term for 6 months on the NOW website offers page at the moment.

It does say fixed term of 6 months under the offer information.

Because I am not familiar with these fixed term NOW deals the T&C's are not really clear to me if on the sixth month (less than 30 days left of the fixed term deal) a cancel option button will appear under My Membership on your online account or the cancel button option doesn't appear on your account until after the deal is over and you paid a further £9.99 & £9.99  😡😡.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CDWS 

You need to read the offer carefully including the attached T&C's.

If it says cancel anytime, then you can cancel in month 1, 2, 3 etc and only pay for the months you have watched.

If it's the current 12 months at £21 per month Sports offer on the NOW website, then this is a no contract cancel anytime offer.

I have noticed recently NOW have started introducing fixed term deals, where during the term agreement you can't cancel.

There is currently a six months Entertainment & Cinema combined deal for £12 per month which has a fixed term for 6 months on the NOW website offers page at the moment.

It does say fixed term of 6 months under the offer information.

Because I am not familiar with these fixed term NOW deals the T&C's are not really clear to me if on the sixth month (less than 30 days left of the fixed term deal) a cancel option button will appear under My Membership on your online account or the cancel button option doesn't appear on your account until after the deal is over and you paid a further £9.99 & £9.99  😡😡.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CDWS 

I should have said if the NOW offer says you can cancel anytime, then you can cancel in month 1, 2, 3 etc during the 12 month offer deal period and only pay for the months you have watched before cancelling.

There is no need to wait until after the 12 months offer deal on your account is finished before cancelling.

If you are going to keep the offer for the full 12 months period, then cancel in month 12 when there is less than 30 days left on the offer before it auto renews at full Membership price (don't leave it to the final 48 to 24 hours days left on your account before the auto renewal date, just in case the NOW automatic system is in the process of collecting the money).

CDWS
Mentor

Thanks very much for explaining.