cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SC44
Advocate

£1 pm trial and now they take £6 boost????

I'm incensed; I took out a 3 month £1 p/m offer on Now movies. Now a day after the second £1 payment they have taken £6 for something called "NOW boost', without me ever asking for it.

I have cancelled my movie subscription and the boost immediately, so they will get no more, but it's an absolute nightmare trying to get the £6 that was taken without consent returned.

No phone number, just a  chat bot window that hangs constantly saying "Waiting to chat" with three pulsing dots. Perhaps it's because it's a Sunday, but even so, why keep me hannging if the service is not available? do I have to sit staring at the computer monitor all day just in case someone/thing responds?

This will likely be the very last time I take one of their deals, I've done it twice before then cancelled at the end of the deal.

Honestly, the movie selection was barely worth the £1 let alone £6.

And while £6 isn't much money, this is more about trust, I only want companies I can trust having my payment details. If I can't trust them not to randomly help themselves to my money whenever there's 'an error' then they don't get my business.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SC44 

Sounds like you got an email offer has discussed by this on the HotUKDeals website (see link below).

Where there was a free 1 month Boost including in the email offer and if you don't cancel the Boost in the first month it then goes up to the standard monthly charge of £6 per month.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/now-cinema-ps1-a-month-for-3-months-1-month-free-boost-selected-acc... 

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SC44 

Sounds like you got an email offer has discussed by this on the HotUKDeals website (see link below).

Where there was a free 1 month Boost including in the email offer and if you don't cancel the Boost in the first month it then goes up to the standard monthly charge of £6 per month.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/now-cinema-ps1-a-month-for-3-months-1-month-free-boost-selected-acc... 

Elisabeth1
Mentor

How would I cancel the Boost please. Clear instructions would be appreciated as last time it was exceedingly difficult. No instructions were available. It makes me not want to use Now. Getting hold of help is REALLY difficult. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SC44 

There is no phone helpline number for TV Membership customers and you can contact NOW by either live chat by clicking on the green chat online button from this link below (don't click on the get help quicker button which is just a chat bot).

Or if you prefer to send NOW a message use the web form in the same link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

SC44
Advocate

I know there is no phone helpline.

You may be correct about there being a free 'boost' in the first month, but if that was the case it was as clear as mud and just underlines that this is not a company I want to have any form of financial relationship with.

If their dealings with me can't be absolutely crystal clear with no room for misinterpretation then it's a no thanks from me.

I realise this is how many of them operate, it's not just NOW, but they have blotted their copy book and I won't be using them again.

I just want my £6 back for something I haven't used.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SC44 

If your using one of the relevant devices then you’re getting more value for money than what you don’t get with boost. Such as 1080p, 5.1 sound and most importantly no third party adverts for on demand content.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Also cancel is your friend as I haven’t paid more than £2 in the last year thanks to retention offers!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Elisabeth1
Mentor

I agree. A very difficult site to navigate unfortunately. It’s very off putting.  

RoyB
Legend

@SC44 @gavs82008 

The especially tricky thing with Boost is that you can’t say, ‘Well, I didn’t use it’, as it is silently upping you to Full HD instead of HD Ready and removing ads from On Demand programmes, even if you don’t use its other features, So a bit insidious,,..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

What a ripoff company that offers Sky Cinema at £1 a month.

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Plus another £ per 60p of resolution to get it up to HD 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.