cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just a message to now tv even though it looks like they don't give a s**t as they haven't done anything about adding subtitles and as my wife is deaf there's no point in me renewing subscriptions
Swearengine
Mentor

We really do need Subtitles. Now TV You would get Many More Subscriptions. I am not hard of Hearing but I like to use the Subtitles especially for a Show such as the Wire. My Father is Deaf and We put the Subtitles on to watch with him. 

Please leave a Comment and vote for Subtitles, there are many People who need them.

Thank You.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah we need subtitles please! My husband is not deaf but has a perforated ear drum, so he doesn't catch every single word so we always put subtitles on our other TV. It's also doesn't disturb the neighbours late at night. There's loads of people do this, can't believe it's not a feature yet...come on nowtv its 2015!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gosh thanks for all the support messages if only NOW TV would listen to us! I am not deaf or hard or hearing but my friend is & really her enjoyment of any programmes is spoilt if she cannot follow the dialogue! In this day & age it should be compulsory for TV & providers to support their services with subtitles how hard can this be??? 😡

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I would like to see subtitles. Considering that this has been a consistently highly requested feature for years now, I'm very surprised to find it still absent. It's a shame that the authority that compels TV channels to provide subtitles doesn't control on-demand services. I understand that with TV channels it's the channels that provide subtitles, rather than Sky -- so for some shows perhaps subtitles wouldn't be available. But subtitles are available on Sky for many of the shows on Now TV, there's just no functionality to show them. Please treat this as more of a priority than you are, Now TV. Even if you can't implement a solution as thorough as Netflix, anything is better than nothing. In many sectors you wouldn't even have the legal freedom to not provide this basic accessibility, and it probably won't be long before you do. Wouldn't you rather be proactive than reactive?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can Now TV tell us whether we are all wasting our time asking for subtitles or give us some clue as to what they are doing about it.

it really makes this a second class service.  I'm not hard of hearing, which would make the service unwatchable, but the significant changes in volume on action programmes makes it very difficult to watch programmes without annoying the neighbours.  We prefer to keep the sound low and use subtitles.  

Also the poor diction of many modern actors, particularly young American actors, means that at least a third of the dialogue is missed and requires constant rewinds with "what did he say again" being the most used phrase whilst watching TV.  After three months I'm seriously considering cancelling the subscription and going back to Netflix.  

As I said earlier, this issue is making Now TV a second class service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a new subscriber to Now TV. I am hard of hearing and listen to the programmes  with headphones but the audio received by streaming is not as clear as that via aerial or satellite       I am finding it very hard to follow the dialogue, especially American programmes. Subtitles are an absolute must for me and because they are not available I probably won't be renewing my subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since finding out there is no subtitles available I've been like a bull in a China shop on Facebook and Twitter, pestering NowTV until I get some kind of response. Today that day came. NowTV staff commentented me on FB with a simple 'we're working to put it back up' I've asked if there is an official announcement on the site and I'm still waiting for a response. I won't give up on this, having no subs is crazy when all other platforms have it.

I won't believe it's happening till I see it. Watch this space hopefully.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

*Commented*

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ooh fingers crossed then! I shall check out Facebook & Twitter too!