cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've found a solution which seems to work nicley, it overlays the subtitles but you will have to find and download them first. It's not perfect as you have to manually sync to the video since it just plays the subtitles, but it does the job.

https://justsubsplayer.codeplex.com/

Hope this comes in useful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really essential

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this is discrimination not only to deaf people but AD should also be included for people with sight problems.  This is 2015 NOT 1980's.  Get it sorted........

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After my first month of Now TV, I shall not be subscribing until subtitles are available. I'm deaf in one ear and cannot hear what is going on. Family and friends have also commented how poor the sound is, as though the film has been compressed for streaming. How can Now TV charge for a service with such poor sound and lack of subtitles. Shocking! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wish I'd have read this thread before I bought my box and subscribed, I'm hard of hearing and I can't believe Now Tv don't have subtitles. As they say in Dragons Den 'I'm out'. Subscription cancelled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I like a lot of people on here cannot understand why you don't have subtitles as part of your service? I have a friend who is deaf in one ear & poor hearing in other we love to watch stuff on Now when she comes to stay but having NO subtitles really hampers her enjoyment of your great service. 

Please please can you tell us when & if you will provide this service 

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If I am reading the dates correctly, I understand that there has been a huge demand by a lot of NOW TV customers for subtitles to be added to the service since 2013! Wow! Also, these customers have expressed this on a board designed to listen to the customer in order to rectify or improve the service provided. Not only is this a real issue to those who subscribe that are hard of hearing, it's also a complete failing by BSkyB to listen to those people that pay the wages of their employees, it is disrespectful. As a company/organisation that can pay its bosses bonuses upwards of £1 million, I believe that there may be a few quid lying around to invest in providing this simple, yet very helpful tool! If you are struggling to adhere to a fair, reasonable request from the customers which you rely on, it may be that your incompetence to value your customers will be seen by many more as a blatant act of disrespect towards them. I wonder if everybody that has signed up to NOW TV was to cancel their subscription until this issue was solved, how many HOURS it would take before subtitles were added? It appears to have been a very good idea to increase the number of subscribers to a BSkyB service, yet has so many flaws compared to its rivals who can provide the same service, in some cases cheaper than NOW TV, with subtitles and continually try to improve the service they provide! 2 YEARS and still no subtitles after repeated requests is a joke and disgraceful!! 70% of the films you can watch on NOW TV, if not more, you can find subtitles for on the net! How ignorant must you be to ignore the fact that this issue can be solved cheaply and easily! What else can I say other than get your acts together, give your heads a wobble, and fix the problem!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So backward not to have subtitles, lot of American content is hard to understand. Should support people with hearing difficulties

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV really needs subtitles, No one in my family are deaf or hard of hearing, but myself and the rest of the family use them late at night when viewing, so we don't wake other members of the family. A lot of my friends do the same.

It makes it look like NOWTV can't be bothered to implement this after such a long period. Hopefully the government will eventually force companies to make the effort for hearing impaired at least.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This thread is going back since 2012! And still no subtitles? Why the delay? Looks like NowTV isn't listening, maybe they should read the subtitles? Just saying! There's absolutely no excuse for this!!!!