cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After discussing with a live chat person for enquires regarding subtitles only to find out that you don't provide subtitles which is extremely disappointing. Me and my partner who is both deaf cannot get to enjoy some of the films you are providing due to the lack of subtitles which surprises me when you account for the fact that, in the UK alone there is 10 million people with a hearing loss which account for 1/6th of the UK population. 

Hearing Statstics is a good website for you to see on how many people live with deafness in the UK, not to mention that if you were to get that 10 million people on your service (providing that you provide subtitles) you would gain pontentially 150 million a month, (in my opinion who would be insane to turn that kinda revenue down?)

Not to mention, your strongest way of advertisement with the deaf community is word of mouth, cos currently me and my partner get asked quite a lot which is the best streaming provider to use, and while we would love to say NowTv or Lovefilm, we say the only one that can provide to our needs is Netflix because for the simple fact alone, is that they are the only service that can provide subtitles for the Hard of Hearing / Deaf people. Hope you find this post useful in your quest to provide the deaf people with what we need!. 

Many Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your excellent suggestions regarding subtitles everyone! Our development team are currently looking into this option, and we’ll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we hear from them.

SarahC

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

being partially deaf, there are not many services i know that provide subtitles when watching movies online.

i notice that NOWTV doesn't offer this function either.

if DVDs have this option then i think online films should also have this option too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SUBTITLES!! DEFINATELY NEEEDED!

YOU WILL GET MORE CUSTOMERS IN THAT CASE!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

As being a person who is partially deaf, I am unable to watch the films due to lack of subtitles feature.

Also, the use of VLC is much better than Silverlight in order to allow fully 100% accessibility for better subtitling and audioing.

Mayuri

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, this affects me to try out the free-trail, a poor waste.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

WHERE IS THE SUBTITLES? TO MUCH JAMES BOND FILMS, PUT SOME MORE INTERNACIONAL FILMS ALSO COLETCIONS, WHERE ARE THE REST OS THE PIRATES OF CARRIBEAN? .... TO MUCH TO MAKE BETTER... ;//

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's the problem? They should have been a feature of the alpha test, not missing in the official release.

I could forgive the mediocre visual quality and misleading "available titles" advertising, but no subtitles means a definite cancellation.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just like with SKY TV on demand and the numberous complaints about subtitles since its launch SKY again chooses to be anti-disability, another service that must be cancelled.

When are SKY going to lead the competition instead of being years behind. Back to Netflix I go.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree.  Without subtitles I am unlikely to stay beyond the initial trial period