cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Registered devices won't play?

Hi, I have one iphone, one iPad and my youview box currently registers (I did have my PC registered but removed it by mistake this month! And can't re-add it until next month... Joke in it's self, if you remove a device you clearly want to add another with out waiting a month after pressing remove!!!) anyway, 2 of the devices I currently have registered (iphone,iPad) won't play content saying I have reached my limit since removing my PC by mistake, both IOS devices worked fine until PC removal!!! So currently I can only use NowTv on my youview box only even though I made no changes to the IOS devices??? I have yet another issue... My youview box only seems to have the option to view movies! I can't access the tv/entertainment packs I purchased as there is no option (on my youview model that I can see) that allows me to switch between movies & entertainment like I can on IOS devices (when they were working), all in all a pretty annoying situation to say the least!!!

Please help get me up and running as I am paying for a service I can't access????

Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, update...

After playing about with powering down my IOS devices I can watch content (on one device at a time!, not iPad for the kids while I watch another program on my phone?) BUT if I try to send to my chrome cast from my iphone or iPad (which also worked before removing my PC by mistake) I have the device limit reached msg again!!! All this seems to stem from removing my PC! Before removing my PC I could watch NowTv on my iphone, iPad, computer or youview box AND send to my chromecast from my iPad or iphone. Why has removing my PC caused so many problems and how to I get to cast to my tv from my IOS devices or re register my PC (while keeping my currently registered devices) please? Thank you 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Removing one device shouldn't affect any other devices you've got registered but sounds like something's got mixed up behind the scenes. I would try signing out of your account in the NOW TV app (from the My Account section) and signing back in again to see if that forces the device to be recognised again.

You won't be able to cast using Chromecast at the moment because the Chromecast also needs to be added as a device and as you've found out you can't add a new device until next month!

if that doesn't happen, best thing to do is to have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can delete your devices and then reset your devices for you so you can add all your devices again in one go without waiting for new months. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the Contact Us button at the bottom of it, then choose the Live Chat option.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
 I have yet another issue... My youview box only seems to have the option to view movies! I can't access the tv/entertainment packs I purchased as there is no option (on my youview model that I can see) that allows me to switch between movies & entertainment like I can on IOS devices 
@Anonymous User

With regards YouView I'm afraid the entertainment package has never been available on the YouView platform unfortunately. You can however watch ents on all other devices, or if you have a Chromecast you will be able to cast from your iOS device.

More details here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Entertainment-YouView

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy & Thank you for your very helpful reply 🙂

I will try the live chat option later today and report back any success for future readers 😉

Once again, Thank you very much 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Andy & Thank you for your very helpful reply 🙂

I will try the live chat option later today and report back any success for future readers 😉

Once again, Thank you very much 😄

No worries @Anonymous User , live chat are usually pretty understanding in these situations, and if they reset your devices for you you should be able to get everything added again right away and working. Fingers crossed! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy, THANK YOU once again 🙂

Just spoke to a lovely lady called Sharlene and she removed all my devices (as an exception/one off) and allowed me to instantly re-add them and everything works perfect now 😄

Wonderful help from you and great service from the chat/support team 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Great stuff, thanks for feeding back. Enjoy the show! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have signed up for a free trial of now tv on my ipad and set up an account.  I have also bought a box for the tv nothing seems to work it doesn't recognise my password or user name please help.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post.

I'll take a look at your account and see if I can spot any issues then send you a quick email with my findings.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team