cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I start my pick of what to watch with Leaving Soon - that way I catch titles that I might never get to see again, defering newer ones for later viewing..

Leaving Soon has prompted me to watch a load titles I might never have watched ordinarily.  Good stuff if it is not at the expense of newer titles - unfortunately it is!! 😞

I was looking forward to a stack of The Pacific episodes to watch - they never filtered out through Leaving Soon, otherwise I'd have fit them in for viewing...

But apparently they did leave - in silence, under a blanket out of the rear entrance it seems.

why!? Smiley Sad

Please can Leaving Soon be a complete list of titles leaving - even if a title is suddenly marked for death in under 48 hours - that's still time for us to catch it on the list and watch it.

Now that I think of it - I never saw many of the Bond titles exit through LS  - how many other great films have I lost the chance to see?

also please SUBTITLES!

thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC iPlayer succeed with providing subtitles majority of the contents within the iPlayer. Accessible on any devices (iPhone and iPad)

Netflix do have high proportions of their contents are subtitles and they are aiming to do more.

Channel 5's 5onDemand have a subtitles to their contents and I am able to access this on any devices (iPhone and iPad)

I am a Avid sky customers, your ability to providing this type of established technology and it is not rocket science, now I questioned your promise - we want to see action.

Some stats for you - on behalf of Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RNID) http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/your-hearing/about-deafness-and-hearing-loss/statistics.aspx

Thanks

Alan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC iPlayer succeed with providing subtitles majority of the contents within the iPlayer. Accessible on any devices (iPhone and iPad)

Netflix do have high proportions of their contents are subtitles and they are aiming to do more.

Channel 5's 5onDemand have a subtitles to their contents and I am able to access this on any devices (iPhone and iPad)

I am a Avid sky customers, your ability to providing this type of established technology and it is not rocket science, now I questioned your promise - we want to see action.

Some stats for you - on behalf of Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RNID) http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/your-hearing/about-deafness-and-hearing-loss/statistics.aspx

Thanks

Alan

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Just joined NOW TV today and have to say how very disappointed I am to read about the ongoing issue with subtitles.  I haven't signed up as there's no point, unless there are subtitles I can't enjoy the movies like others.  I can't believe something as important as this has been ignored for so long, surely this would only improve your product.  There's certainly no mention of this in your adverts, you're quite happy to take the money and sit back and do 'sod' all for the less fortunate.  All I've read is about NOW TV thanking people for their comments/suggestions etc. and how they will be taken into consideration and hopefully be implemented in the future - why don't you just cut the crap and be upfront and honest and say you've no intention of implementing subtitles, you've had long enough to implement this so if you really were that concerned surely it would have been done by now.    VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED, THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT PRODUCT!  When are you going to start listening to your customers?  Can we at least have an 'honest' update!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also like the concept of Now TV with Sky Sports and Sky Movies, but no subtitles will mean I'm not going to keep a Sky Movies sub on after Christmas. I'm not bothered about subtitles for live football, but it's necessary for Sky Movies.

Please implement subtitles ASAP. BBC iPlayer on Now TV channel has them!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Need subtitles please for the movie service!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have just bought Nowtv.  I wish I hadn't bought it because there are no subtitles on Sky movies.  My husband and I are profoundly deaf and I won't be renewing my subscription when it ends on May.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey, here's a wild idea! How about subtitles to be made available? Wow, then the hard of hearing and those with English as a second language could watch easily. I know I'm probably going out on a limb but terrestrial TV has been doing subtitles for 40-odd years, so I find the lack of provision a joke. Why do you set these things up and leave off this vital service? I just don't understand your thinking. Sort it put ASAP.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where's leaving soon?????? I havent seen it!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wished I had researched on subtitles, just brought the box with free months.. Only to find it has no subtitles and I'm partially deaf.. Seems Sky/Now TV arent catering for deaf/hard of hearing people. Disability discriminated I feel like. Its not fair that we cannot enjoy it, c'mon Now TV sort it out.. I've looked at the isssues forum and its been long year now.. Other providers easily got subtitles... What a con 😞 I won't be paying for the subscription once the trail/free is over.