Search
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

0 Kudos
moroboshi

Will there be PS4 and Xbox One Now TV apps?

by moroboshi on ‎30-10-2013 18:58

With both next gen systems launching in the near future, it's a question that is looking for an answer.

Comments
by GraphiteGB on ‎31-10-2013 01:06

Not at launch. The Consoles are Expected to be virtualy empty of extras not related to games.

The PS4 For example has All non BD game related content stripped...

The PS4 requires you to patch in the extra online features with the day 1 patch of 300MB.

The PS3 is not Dead, PS+ is required for Multiplayer on PS4 but this will also unlock PS3 and PS vita content each month for nothing extra in cost so if you have a PS3 you don't sell it as the free content for it will continue...

by Community Manager on ‎12-11-2013 08:38

Hi moroboshi, here's the official answer:

We enjoy a long track-record of innovating with Microsoft and look forward to the launch of NOW TV on Xbox One by summer next year. We will announce the more details on the app nearer to the time of its launch.

We haven’t made any announcements around PS4 at present.

As anything changes or there's news, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Tom

by Community Manager on ‎12-11-2013 08:38
Status changed to: Under Consideration

by MattLovett on ‎29-11-2013 10:44

Well unless its announced its even coming to PS4, I will be cancelling.

Like a lot of customers, I watch it on PS3. Majority of people in the UK watch the likes of NOW TV and similar services on the PS3.

I wont be keeping my PS3, so if its not coming to the PS4 there is no point me keeping my subscription.

by ShadowICE on ‎07-12-2013 19:50

Really don't know why SKY waits til everyones subscriped to something else when they should be working on a release for NOW TV or a SKY app for next gen.I'm not holding onto ps3 either so i'll be cancelling my subscription aswell...NETFLIX will do.

PS4 has sold over 2.1million consoles!!...it's alot of potential customers your not getting...you may have a good working relationship with microsoft but as u can see sony is outselling xbox one and is a better console...half the size of xbone...more power...more graphics...and many xboxers have a PS4 now

by GraphiteGB on ‎07-12-2013 22:05

The PS4 released and SCE are not selling it as a replacement for PS3 but as an extra to the PS3, as a games console...

No BC with PS3 BDs means your hole PS3 BD games are worthless with out the PS3...

PS3 TV and film Media from PSN is not yet PS4 enabled... So can't be played with out the PS3...

Audio CD and 3D BD movies are disabled... Only on PS3 for now.

BBC iplayer was delayed till after release...

Other Media apps, not just, NowTV have not released.

Only HTML5 Web browser based media servers are streaming domestic MP4, nothing else works in the browser...

Selling the PS3 has been a big mistake for a lot of users... as they never read the PS4 FAQ on the EU blog... then were suprised by the PS4 being Primary a locked down Games machine... 

by Maxxamillion on ‎13-12-2013 19:11

Not being funny but how about you just release it on all next gen consoles at the same time, by saying you enjoy working with microsoft and will lauch for definate on the xbox one does not make me think oooo i must go buy an xbox one it makes me think well i cant get it on my console of choice so i shall cancell my nowtv subscription... good move :/

by GraphiteGB ‎27-12-2013 19:20 - edited ‎27-12-2013 19:25

Its not releasing on xbox one till Q4 2014 now. Next gen NowTV apps are massively delayed... 

Sky go app is not available on Xbox one either, This is alos forcing Lots of 360 users to not sell there Xbox either...

by gonzoe38 on ‎06-01-2014 19:24

Yeah defo cancelling my now tv. Ive had it for 6 months now and only got it cos it came to ps3.Now my ps3s gone and i cant get it on my ps4 no point having.Gonna get lovefilm on ps4 or netflix on my tivo.Shame really Now tv had best new movies and once in a while sport.I introduced around 6 friends to Now tv on ps3 too.Most people i know only got Now tv through playstation but im guessing u guys new that.

by ArronC07 on ‎06-04-2014 22:30

Can't believe they're going for XBOX One over PS4, the XBOX One is a massive flop!