cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know the NowTV box is a Roku box for Sky and Roku do have an app to control the roku boxes. It would be nice either include a remote in the nowtv app for phones or make the roku app talk to the nowtv box.

17 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not sure what you mean? The roku app does talk to the NOW TV box and controls it remotely

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi oddeyes, I don't know how to link my nowtv box to roku app I have a roku LT already asigned to my roku account. Do I log in with my nowtv account? I have tried to connect NowTV with my Roku account and it's grayed out and wants me to login to another account. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Coolcube!

If you have an Apple iOS mobile device (e.g.. iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) or an Android mobile device, then you can use the Remoku web app (originally designed for Roku) to control your NowTV Box using your mobile device. 

There was an article posted on a UK Roku Blog about it, yesterday, showing how to get it set up to work with the NowTV Box. It's a good option to have until NowTV comes up with their own NowTV Remote App or the Roku Remote App is modified.

If you do a search for "NowTV+Remoku" using an online search engine, you should be able to find it quite easily. If not, post here again and I'll try to help further.

Kind regards, 

WT

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi WT,

Thanks for your handy tip! I was reading that blog earlier and it's a really good guide. Feel free to provide the link, it doesn't break our rules so you can post it wherever you like 🙂

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi WT,

Thanks for the post will try it later. I had a funny feeling the Roku app on ios was not possible to connect to NowTV box. Lets hope NowTV will create a remote option in their app.

Cheers

Coolcube 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello again.

To make it clear, the Roku Remote App for iOS (as found in the iTunes Store) DOES NOT WORK with the NowTV Box because it needs to be linked to a Roku Account and NOT to a NowTV Account. There is no way to link a Roku Account to a NowTV Box, so that is why you can RULE OUT THE OPTION of using the Roku Remote App for iOS that works with the Roku player.

Since Tom-R has said it's OK to post a direct link to the blog post I referred to previously, I will include it HERE for the benefit of others:-

LINK: NowTV Remote App For iOS & Android Mobile Devices

Basically, it's taking an existing web application, called Remoku, and using it as the basis for a "Home Screen App" that can be launched just like any other app on your mobile device and has a User Interface which represents the remote control keys for a Roku player. Since the NowTV Box is modelled on the Roku LT, most of the key symbols are identical to the ones on the original NowTV Remote (the white one which comes with the box) so it's easy to work it out.

Give it a go and see what you think. I've been using it since yesterday and I have to say, in the absence of anything else like it, THIS DOES A PRETTY GOOD JOB as a NowTV Box Remote for mobile devices. So if, like a lot of people, you use your mobile device(s) for just about everything this is sure to please you.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on with it !!

Regards, 

WT

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Any chance of a remote app such as that found on the Roku box?

As well as offering basic control functions, a keyboard search option would make finding shows much easier. With the launch of the entertainment package a TV guide wouldn't go amiss either.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why not have an app that you can control NowTV using an IPad or IPhone as is possible at the moment on Sky TV and Freesat? Would be great if it was possible to do this and make it more easy to work as well. Don't think it would be too hard to make work this way.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Download the Roku remote app. That will control it.