cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After receiving an email from NowTV stating I'd purchased a SkySports day pass, I realised my 18 month who was playing with the remote had managed to cost me £9.99 from a random selection of button presses. Having wondered how this could happen I realised my card details which are saved for the rolling contract needs no further details to be charged further and there is a PIN requirement option which has a default 'OFF'. Please please please make it clear when people are signing up that if they don't put PIN protection on their account it can be charged extras!

7 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I found that too, seems likely a dirty ploy by nowtv to get more sales, can't see any other reason for the default not being 'on'.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you set the account up during setup it gives you the option to turn on a pin. Really should read everything on the pages.

You say make it default on whats to stop people coming here if this is changed complaing that it should be default off.

You can not please everyone. But yes you should have read everything on the sign up pages

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi can you put a pin in after you have gone through the set up ? Only I want to put a payment pin in but it want let me , I was told go into my account and I will find it there but I can't find it x

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear  all,

I would like to know which settings to set from the below pictures, it is really confusing.  I want to make sure before buying anything it should ask for pin.

ON - highlighted in blue

or 

OFF - highlighted in blue

It is confusing as there is no text indicating that,  

- now you have to enter the pin before buying 

- now you do not have to enter the pin before buying

I want to make sure pin is requested before buying anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you should have a white glow to On, whilst Off should look like all the other buttons on the My Account page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you artesea

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any official explanation of why when setting pins that whilst the parental pins are active as soon as set that on the other hand the payment pin remains inactive, the complete oposite.  And yet there is no way or reasoning to see which option is active or inactive with the payment pin until an accidental purchase is made.