cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do think access to Live Chat should be less complicated, or explained more clearly, given that this is an online service with no telephone support.  It's very easy to get stuck in a loop as a newcomer to the forum.  Hopefully this post won't be seen as critical, it's intended as a constructive comment.

20 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

I've marked this idea as under consideration, as it's something we continually monitor and consider adapting.

I know we see quite a few people complaining on the community about how difficult live chat is to access, but in reality, they account for a tiny fraction of 1% of the people that do actually use live chat. I think that'll always be the case, no matter how we structure it.

Positioning of live chat is a balancing act. The more prominent we make the links, the more people will use it instead of reading through help articles. This means there'll be more people waiting in a queue, and ultimately it'll take longer for each customer to get their issue resolved. Additionally, a high percentage of queries we get are answerable without any form of internal system access, which is where the community comes in. People wouldn't use the site if live chat was so easy to access.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see your point, thanks for the reply.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I suppose what the Contact Us button at the bottom of the community pages is really linking to is a help article about how to use the help section, including how to contact the team if the help articles don't solve a problem. So maybe renaming the link to something like How to Get Help might make it a little less confusing. I do get what you are saying @Anonymous User 

as i think most people expect clicking a Contact Us link to take you directly to the contact options.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How about repositioning the help link on the main page to make it a bit more prominent?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I realise I've suggested this before, but it seems a lot of people are finding it still very difficult to access Live Chat &  it's causing a lot of frustration amongst members.  I appreciate the comments made before, but surely it needs to be made slightly more easy or at least logical to navigate to?

Cheers perthead65

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just got a NowTV box and don't want to pay any subscription, so have cancelled that. How can I obtain a list of the free items that will remein without awaiting the expiry of the free month?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User all of the apps except NowTV and Sky Sports News HQ will continue to work without an active subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, Artesea.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't find live chat anywhere.  Please tell me how to use it!  The contact us page says there is a contact us button on the bottom of the screen.  But there is not.