Search

First Poster
MrsD

Why does it keep buffering on films

Over the last week we have tried palying films on  but keep getting a constant buffering making the films unwatchable. I have fibre optic broadband and have checked the download speed at 7.4.Please help am at the point of cancelling.

Whizz Kid
walkerx

Re: Why does it keep buffering on films

MrsD wrote:

Over the last week we have tried palying films on  but keep getting a constant buffering making the films unwatchable. I have fibre optic broadband and have checked the download speed at 7.4.Please help am at the point of cancelling.

Hi MrsD,

Please can you tell us which Youview box you are watching on and who is your ISP.

How are you connecting the box? Is it hardwired or through powerline adapters?

Have you tried powering of the Youview box for 30 seconds?

Have you tried reseting your router?

Do other on-demand players work?

Please can you advise on the above so we can help you further in diagnosing any issues

regards

Walkerx

Satisfied NowTV customer and owner of NowTV Box and BT & Retail Humax Youview boxes

Walkerx

NowTV Customer using Roku 3, NowTV Box and Youview (BT/Retail) Boxes
First Poster
bpowell555

I have the same and am unable to watch anything for a couple of months now except at extreme off peak times. Yet my broadband download speed is a constant 6.5mbits.

First Poster
bpowell555

Also works fine on the laptop.

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Mo-D

Hi bpowell555, 

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. 

Please get back in touch with more details so we can look into this. Can you answer the questions above posted by Walkerx?

Regards,

Mo

NOW TV Team 

First Poster
MrsD

Hi again,
Happy now. Very happy. Drove me mad for 24 hours even went to Network supplier EE who told me to do checks on line. Then the connection went really bad & could not access anything. Got fed up & tried next day and no problems since. Must have been something to do with EE who did say their system was down & unable to help me on that day so referred me to internet help!!
Thank you
Mrs D