Search

First Poster
Michael2013

Sky sports Now TV and YouView?

Why is Sky Sports available on Now TV but not available on YouView?

And are there plans to provide it through YouVIew soon??

Community Manager
Tom-R

Re: Sky sports Now TV and YouView?

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately YouView doesn't support streaming of live events, only "on demand" services. As our sports content is live only, it's not available on YouView.

Sorry about that! If you've got your heart set on watching sports via NOW TV then you could always pick up a Roku box? They start from about £50.

Thanks,

Tom

First Poster
Moonster

Hi Tom,

Will there ever be plans to offer Sky Sports through Now TV on YouView? Or is it a technical issue?

Thanks, Richard

First Poster
Michael2013

You can get it now Richard. But it comes at a cost of £9.99 for a 24 hour pass which you have to login to Now TV on line to purchase.

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Aaron-S

Hi Moonster,

Thanks for getting in contact.

There arn't currently any plans to bring our Live TV channels to YouView boxes. However, as the saying goes, never say never.

The good news is that most of our other devices do support Live TV, including Xbox 360 and the aforementioned Roku box.

Regards,

Aaron

NOW TV Team

First Poster
Michael2013

Sorry Richard I should have pointed out that in my case I access Sky Sports using Roku!

Rookie
Papasmurf

[ Edited ]

Thats a terrible answer, I dont have a roku or a xbox, I have a you view box, I want it on there ? how can you show movies but not sports on youview, come on guys be consitent and get your act together, and £9.99 a day for sports Really?

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Henrik-B

[ Edited ]

Hi Papasmurf,

Thanks for your post.

The issue you are having is with the license that YouView have not NOW TV.

The YouView box does not feature any live content, you cannot stream the Live TV content from NOW TV for example or Sports our sports because YouView do not feature live content.

This applies to all aspects of the YouView device as it is a 'catch up' service.

Kind regards,

Henrik

NOW TV Team

Rookie
kingdave

You do know Mr NowTV representative that TalkTalk offer a live streaming service for Sky Sports, Movies, Sky1 etc through their service, right?

So it isn't just a "catch up" service as you state. Also a software update coming in the next few weeks ready for the launch of BT Sport will put streamed channels right into the EPG meaning you don't have to launch a player anymore, and you'll be able to pause, rewind and fast forward streamed content when this arrives.

For those of us who have YouView from a retailer, rather than a broadband provider it would be helpful if you could add live channels like movies and sports to the YouView service so we can watch too. You'd have to drop your ridiculous pricing structure though to make it take off.

And while you're at it, why not try catching up with the rest of the world and add HD content to NowTV on YouView?

Rookie
Papasmurf

[ Edited ]

What an excellent comeback email , Marvellous.

I have a retail purchased youview box also, also on top of what you are saying they are contemplating multicast on their infinity (at BT) finally, and I mean finally using multicast so great way to get around the problem of freeview bandwidth for more channels and especailly HD channels, SOOOOOO Sky better get in the game to embrace youview not try and make it bloody awkward to get their content. More likely I would pay adhocly for sports, atlantic between live streaming, on demand and multicast channels even from sky, but sky £9.99 for 1 Day sports pass get real ...  Sky will eventually get there, they tried to kill project canvas for years, they lost so they are finally embracing ...