cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something's not right. Xbox ONE

"We cant seen to get started at the moment. Please check your connection and try again. Still stuck? Visit nowtv.com/help."

On my Xbox One i get the above message when trying to use the App, however everything works perfectly on my laptop so my internet is not an issue. I have tried every other solution on this forum such as:

• Deleting the app and re installing it many times.
  • Clearing the Xbox Cache as described here . 
  • Changing my region to US then back to UK after the restarts.
  • Numerous combinations of all three of the above.

Nothing has worked and the XBOX doesnt, let me log in to Now Tv.

this is the first time I have tried to use it and I have only had my account for a few hours.

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this error every 3 - 5 minutes when watching anything on Now TV through my Xbox ONE.

I notice that loads of other people are having the same issue but there doesn't seem to be a fix.

• I am not with BT (I am with Sky)
  • My internet is working perfectly and getting download speeds of at least 10 Mbps
  • The problem doesn't occur on other devices
  • I have tried rebooting the console
  • I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app
  • I've tried rebooting the router

I've also noticed that the movie crashes and shows the error even if the film is paused, which indicates that it's a problem with the app and not anything to do with my router or internet.

Been happening for days now, so I would hope someone from Now TV can get back to me asap!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry for any delay in our response. 

Can you please  go back through your Internet connection setup selecting the easy option by following the steps below:

1. Go to Settings > Network
  2. Select Set up Internet Connection
  3. Select Use WiFi or LAN (Wired) depending on the connection you’re using
  4. Select Easy
  5. Follow the steps and then select X to save and test your connection

Can you also please ensure your time and date setting are set to UK GMT settings.

This should get your back up running, if you expeirng any further issues please do let us know.

Thanks,

Aman

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • I've also tried clearing the console cache.

Basically I've gone through every one of the dozens of "Something's Not Right" posts on this forum and tried everything that's been suggested, but none of the options have worked.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

None of this is made any easier by the fact that your Live Chat is returning a 404 error and the Help Centre is returning a 401 error. 

No response on the Twitter help account either. Any help would be appreciated!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, i have also got this problem and its getting beyond a joke now, i am now considering in cancelling my dd as i cant watch a thing without getting  ' Somethings not right' come up after the first few minutes of watching a movie. Nowtv you need to sort this asap or its back to netflix!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any help from someone at Now TV would be appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem is stil ongoing. Can't watch anything on the service I'm paying for and no help at all from Now TV. Very disappointing. Will be cancelling in the morning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been a now TV customer for a long time and never had a problem watching it via my xbox one until now I keep getting the message " somethings not right. Tried resetting my router but nothing, every other app on the system is working bar this one. My provider is sky if anyone can help please
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you running Sky Broadband Shield on your connection  ?

If so that may be creating the problem, can you disable this and then try again.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every time I try and open the Nowtv app on my Xbox one it comes up with the message "something's not right. We can't seem to get started at the moment. Please check your connection and try again" connection is always fine and I can't never get onto the app. Won't even let me sign out then sign back in. Already tried uninstalling then request installing, no luck. Currently wasting money on something that won't work, Help please.