cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A problem is preventing playback

Every time i am trying to watch a tv series or film on xbox one it stops and it pops up saying 'a problem is preventing playback. Please try again or visit NOWTV.com/help
I came here and there are no posts about it and ive refreshed the app ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app and i am unsure on what else i can do.
5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User are you on the preview program on your Xbox? There is a known issue with these caused by Microsoft's recent update. They appear to be still working it .
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No im not on the preview programme 😧
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

thanks for posting, really sorry to hear that.

Can I ask you to provide some info so we can try and figure out what might be causing the issue here?

- Is your Xbox connected via Ethernet or wireless?

- Do you use any kind of VNP or have you made any changes to the connection?

- Is your location currently set to the UK?

- Do you use this Xbox Live account on any other devices?

- Is there anything connected to the Xbox such as recording devices, sound systems etc?

Sorry for all the questions! Hopefully this will help us get to the bottom of this for you though.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hiya, i use ethernet as far as i know i have nothing else going on and no
recording devices my xbox live account is on my xbox 360 too but its never
used anymore and my location is set to the UK
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for the late reply @Anonymous User,

If you're still having the same error come up can you please try uninstalling the NOW TV app and then clearing the cache on your Xbox One by following the steps below: 

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.
  2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.
  3. Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.
  4. Plug the power cable back into the console.
  5. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
  6. Turn on the console using the power button.

Once this is done, reinstall the NOW TV app and give NOW TV another go.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team