Search
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

First Poster
pivotal_ts

how much of my data allowance will I use streaming a film?

how much of my data allowance will I use streaming a film?

A quick look at 1 days usage seems to indicate 8Gb which seems a lot for an SD stream

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Dave-C

Re: how much of my data allowance will I use streaming a film?

Hi pivotal_ts,

Thanks for you post.

We are unable to provide you with any exact data amounts, however streaming a 90 minute movie may use approximately 1.5Gb.

You might be best of contacting your internet provider concerning data allowances and usage estimates for streaming.

Hope the info helps and you are enjoying some great movies on NOW TV.

All the best

Dave

NOW TV Team

First Poster
pivotal_ts

I just watched Battleship, its 125mins long & used 2.78Gb

thats 2.224Mb per min

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Si-D

pivotal_ts wrote:

I just watched Battleship, its 125mins long & used 2.78Gb thats 2.224Mb per min..............

Hi Pivotal_ts,

Thanks for this info.

Unfortunately the amount of bandwidth used can differ greatly dependent on device and available speed as well as various other factors, however it may be that other community users can use this information as a baseline or guide.

It is worth noting that any other activity on your connection while the movie is running must also be taken into account with this figure.

Most devices have some background services or applications running that also use bandwidth, although in most set ups/cases the effect would be negligible.

Hope this helps,

Si,

NOW TV Team.

First Poster
lindad

I never noticed how data I used when watchinv a film at home as unlimited data

however I had a hughe shock yesterday when I watched a film away from home using my mifi. 

The fast and the furios used almost 2g of data and at £10 per geg I was flabbergasted.  Will not be using now tv outwith the confines of my unlimited brodband.

NOW TV Team
Michael-H

Hi Lindad,

Thanks for getting in touch with your post, please check out this link, which you may find most useful.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

First Poster
pollydoodles

Are now tv aware that 3 mobile is now limiting 3g users to 2Gb a month ?  this is  serious blow for many people like me who stay away for work and like to watch movies in the hotel room

I hope it does not inpact too much on now tv, But me and i guess many 1000`s of customers will be leaving the three network soon, They are totaly stupid you can`t even watch a full film, and at 10p per mb when over limit it will cost about £180 to view a film Those Crazy Thick Heads at three have just distroyed a once great network.

Does anyone know of a provider that still offers unlimited mobile internet ? or a package of about 20gb per month ? Help Please. i don`t fancy being stock in a hotel room, with the rubbish thats on tv.

Regular 4
bacillus

polly if the hotel has free wifi and also provide a tv then take your Now tv box and hdmi cable with you.  :smileywink:

Regular 2
geordielee

giffgaff does unlimited net true unlimited in there £12.50 bag
NOW TV Team
Stephen-L

Hi, 

Usually we would encourage customers to avoid using NOW TV via 3G due to restricted data allowances and slower connection speeds.

The same applies to public WiFi networks, as these aren't always optimised for online streaming services or other data heavy activities. 

However, if you would like to view NOW TV using a 3G mobile signal we recommend a minimum speed of 180Kbps or higher along with unlimited data.

Kindest regards

Steve

NOW TV Team