Not applicable

No sound

I'm getting no sound while watching Sky Sports on my laptop,

sound from other sites, BBC, Netflix, Amazon works fine

Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using Internet Explorer, instead of Firefox works with audio.

cheers, John

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can see that you have spoken with our live chat team.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

yes, they suggested I try a different browser, such as Internet Explorer, instead of Firefox.

I'll try that when I get back home at the weekend.

I am a little sceptical because Firefox works fine with BT Sport on my laptop, which also uses Silverlight.

cheers, John

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using Internet Explorer, instead of Firefox works with audio.

cheers, John

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Just bought Now TV box (black), installed all correctly, getting a perfect picture but no sound.  Tries unplugging, switch off, resetting for 30 secs, checking the Audio (one by one) in Settings but no luck. TV is old but has a  hdmi  to DVI converter. Please advise what else to do.  Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The reason you are not getting any sound from the TV is that DVI only passes video and will not pass sound.

You would need something like a HDMI audio extractor box that has HDMI pass through together with an audio output.

Have you got any external audio inputs on your TV such has a red & white phono input ?

These HDMI audio extractor boxes are about £15 and i have never used one so i can't guarantee that it will work.

For you particular older TV maybe the older white now tv box might have been the better option ( i am not one hundred percent sure but i think you can use the HDMI and red & white audio out on the white nowtv box at the same time) ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

You'll need to get yourself something like: this

Cheers

EDIT: By-the-way... Somehow you've managed to submit your post within the 'Windows PC's & Laptops' sub-section of the forum. The dedicated 'NOW TV Box (black)' sub-section can be found here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm really sorry to hear you've been having sound issues.

As mentioned by @SeeMoreDigital & @schnapps - we're unable to guarantee that the adaptors mentioned would resolve the problem.

Are you able to check the box on another TV at all to see if it behaves the same?

Do you have access to one of our other supported devices? We'd be happy to help you set up on one of these too 🙂

Thanks 🙂

Rob

NOW TV Team