cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No playback - Silverlight problems, exceeding devices when i haven't grrrrr!!!!!

So, I use Windows 7 and when I click on the play icon on a film it goes to the black box and nothing happens and no time elapses. I've tried uninstalling Silverlight etc etc and then when I read somewhere on here that you should tick the boxes in the Silverlight programme options hardware-accelerated blah blah, Nowtv says that I have exceeded my limit??? But I hadn't prior? I'm getting frustrated with the whole thing! Why is it such a faff for Sky and not for Netflix?

4 REPLIES 4
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. Can you tell me what browser you are using?

You might need to enable the Silverlight plugin which, on Firefox  you can do using the following steps:

• Click Tools (the three lines in the top right corner of the browser). 

• Select Add-ons

• Select Plugins

• Beside Silverlight Plug-In, ensure Always Activate is selected. 

I'd also advise clearing the broswer's cache and cookies.

As for the device limit - that can be a pain when that happens. We'll sort that don't worry.

LEt us know how you get on

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon,

Thanks, I tried what you suggested but it's still saying I've exceeded devices yet I'm using the same laptop as listed on my four (on 3/5/16) so I'm a bit confused?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No response? Is that it then?

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Simon,

Thanks, I tried what you suggested but it's still saying I've exceeded devices yet I'm using the same laptop as listed on my four (on 3/5/16) so I'm a bit confused?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Can you try to play again now ?

Thanks

Andy