cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monthly device limit reached

Well this is annoying enought to cancel a subscription...

I signed up on my laptop. Watched first film on iPad. All good.

Then using media PC on TV wanted to watch a film but needed to remove laptop from devices. Not really an issue but annoying all the same. Oh, and quality of stream was worse than NetFlix and LoveFilm, but put up with it. Like watching a pirate move from the 90's 🙂

Hotle tonight. Can I watch on the iMac in the room? No. Just a black screen. Same happened on media PC so assume it is the device limit. Remove iPad from device list. Still doesn't work. OK, I've got my iPad with me. Goes to watch film..."You have already used up your monthly allowance for adding new devices on your NOW TV account" Useless.

I wanted to like NOW TV as LoveFilm and NetFlix have such crap streaming selections - but they at leat work. I've had zero technical issues on a number of deivces with those services. Why can't this be just as easy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Glenda,

as you can see in the previous post, you can only make one device change per month. It looks as though you have done this and so you can add a new device as this will be another change.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards

Kathrin

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

194 REPLIES 194
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sincere apologies for the late reply.

I've reset all your device slots so you can start anew and use four devices of your choice.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up for 6 month Entertainment package and currently have Movies trial.

Very, very disappointed by the 4 device limit and the adding one device a month nonsense.

With a family of four this is too restrictive and very poor when compared to competitors. 

Had an account for a week and already found that I will now have to wait six weeks to reactivate the two Apple TVs. 

Also, why does a Chromecast count as a device??? All the content delivery is initiated by a phone/tablet. I understand the technical details of how they work but they should never be counted as an additional device. That's just overkill.

One more thing...subtitles.

<shakes head sadly/>

The lack of subtitles on the Android app (and maybe elsewhere) is very didappointing.

It seemed so good signing up but the service is designed with corporate needs in mind ahead of consumer. The content and the UI may be great but the UX has been poor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is awful, having signed up after getting access with my vodafone account, and I just tried to add a new device so my wife could watch something and got the 'you've reached your monthly limit for adding/removing devices' - what a ridiculous limit - with a house of four, using tablets, laptops, and phones... is the expectation that we have multiple accounts. I've removed one device to add a new one, having added a laptop to watch away from the kids earlier in the week... and I'm now stuck.. totally crazy. 

currently wouldn't recommend this service due to this issue, and on the verge of cancelling

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I would just like to let you know that I have sent you an email in regards to your post. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Having really problems with using nowTV on my pc. Purchased a sky sports pass today to watch football and for some reason all the devices that have been wiped and not able to get them back. Is there anyway you could re add the original devides please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just had to reset my 4th Gen Apple TV and now when I login to NowTV it says You've reached the maximum device activity limit on your account. I only use NowTV on this device and have only ever used it on this device? help!?!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Have a word with Live Chat, explain what's happened and see if they can reset your devices for you as a courtesy. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the following page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, can you try and view now for us. If you still have problems please let us know.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone take a look at my account.. I have 4 devices attached but have only added 1 device in the last 3 months,,it says my now TV device allowance has been exceeded.. Not sure what's wrong as it says I can have 4 devices on the account

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

It sounds like you might of reached your maximum changes - which is different from the maximum number of devices. Here's a bit more info about that.

I believe you've contacted us about this and hopefully everything is now sorted - just reply if it's not and we'll gladly help you out.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team