cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Liverppol v Man United - buffering/freezing/blurry images and delayed streaming

Hi

Trying to watch liverpool v Man united via a sports day pass yesterday and once again now end of problems despite rebooting several times with buffering coloured  dots freezing on screen, then when came was all blurry, several rebooting and freezing and then towards the end of the game...getting texts from friends saying game finished and internet notifications saying game finsihed whilst my nowtv game still playing with a good 5 minute delay on 'real time'.

Complete waste of money and time, very frustrating.

I have a white now tv box and have sky tv broadband so the preferred partner but this is a very poor service, gave up the movie pass as couldn't rely on it to be able to watch a movie, throught NOWTV might have managed to resolve for live sports event BUT no still really really poor, surprised and disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you going to do about it???

Frustrated Smiley Frustrated

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear about the issues you had.

There will always be a few moments delay between "real-time"/ Sky Sports via Sky TV and NOW TV, this is due to the process of intercepting the live streams that we get directly from Sky Sports and them they have to get converted into streams that are then compatible with all the devices we have. 

Buffering would be down to the "throughput" speed of the Internet that the NOW TV Box picks up, With the white NOW TV Box these are slower boxes so may have an impact on the viewing quality, The black NOW TV Boxes have a better chipset in them. 

If you had problems with Movies then as Sports uses much more bandwidth then you would had problems.

What is the speed of your Internet service ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy

Did a speed test and my download speed is 5.0MB and upload speed is 0.9MB - Is this good or ?

I'm with SKY and it seems to work ok with all other devices including my iPhone and laptop only seem to have issues with NOWTV?

Any advice on what I can do if I wan to continue using NOWTV .

Regards

Colin
Anonymous User
Not applicable

not related to the football but today ive been unable to watch the cricket properly because of blurry pictures and now the formula one qualifying is almost impossible to watch as its so blurred not acceptable really poor

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you tell us what device your on when you see this and perhaps tell us what speeds you get using speedteset.net when you get the poor quality?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black now tv box 12 mb speed out of 7 days I've maybe had good quality viewing a few times very disappointing to say the least Simon
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for coming back to me.

What I'll do is take a look at the viewing history on your account - from here I can see what kind of speeds the box was picking up - it could be something to do with the box struggling to get a good connection from the router resulting in poor quality. I'll send you an email soon.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team