cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

4008 error

I already have a entertainment pass and would like to add the 14 days free trial on my NowTV box but for the past 3 weeks, it keeps giving me the same 4008 error message. My payments details are correct plus I don't need them at this stage, as it's a trial anyway. I would like to add the pass, what do I do? The help forum isn't very helpful for this issue. Thank you.
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi getting the error 4008 up when buyin sports hav money in account same details and card as I gave wen setting up
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same thing but I'm trying to buy the sports
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you try turning your payment pin off (or on and off again if it's not on already).

If that doesn't work, please try updating your card details (even if re-entering the same details).

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to buy a sports day pass via my white NowTV box. My payment card was out of date and I got error 4008. Updated card details via the website and restarted NowTV box multiple times but I'm still getting error 4008. Is there a technical problem? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive signed into my account on my laptop but it is not acknowledging I have a subscription to movies already and is offerring me a 30 day free trial instead? when going into the sky movies it says the following and pressing pay now i get a code 4008. can any one help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User 

Thanks for your post. 

Have you ensured that you're using the correct username that's tied to your active NOW TV subscription?

Code 4008 can sometimes mean that there's an issue taking payment, so it's also worth heading to My Account and Manage Payment Details to ensure everything is correct. 

Thanks,

Steve

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am still having issues when i try to make a payment for the entertainment month pass. The message i get shows the error code 4008 please could someone help me with this.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This help article below might be of some help.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Sign-up-1014

Some of the reasons, could be that you bank card has expired and needs to be updated at the NowTV website, go to your My Account, Bills & Payments where you will see an option to update your bank card.

The card billing address needs to be the same has the account holder address in the UK.

NowTV does not accept all types of UK debit or credit cards (Maestro & American Express cards for example are not accepted).

There must be sufficient money on the card to authorise payment, you need to be 18 years or older.     

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you 🙂

But also...

On the basis of the amount of time I've already wasted on this - and working my way round a site where I also don't seem to see the live chat button (give me strength) and based on the fact that i'm trying my damndest to actually give them money and getting pretty fed up of it all...they could contact me!!!!!!!! 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

just left a message on your other post about getting in touch with NowTV live chat.