cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Playstation 4 Buffering / stopping

Anyone else having ps4 problems over the last couple of weeks.
Ive tried.
uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
Restarting my router
ensuring nothing else is using bandwidth.
Changing my dns to opendns
Other ps4 video apps(amazon etc) run fine.
Now tv via its own box doesn't stop. Just on ps4.
Any ideas. I like watching thones downstairs on the big tv.
95 REPLIES 95
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did this resolve the issue as I am experiencing similar problems?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Which firmware iteration is your router running - assuming you're with talktalk? Mine is working OK on 1.6 but the latest is 1.21 (I think) and I don't want to upgrade until someone confirms it works with the nowtv app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, I mean 1.06...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I been having problems with my playstation 4 APP. It keeps stopping all the time. not buffering but it just all a stop just stops. I have had enough but it never the same time I have two movies and entertainment does not not matter witch one I am useing its really annoying me.

I am glad I am not the only one

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Guys,

There seems to be two issues mixed together in this thread.

If you are a Talk Talk Issue have issues with the router resetting please be aware we are currently investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

If you have general issues with buffering and or the app freezing please try the following:

- For buffering if you are using WiFi please try setting a static Ip on your PS4.

- For app crashing and freezing please try uninstalling the app clear all the app data and reinstalling the app. You may also want to try rebuilding the database which should help with any corrupt installs that might be casing a problem.

If you have tried all the above and still have issues please do let us know as we do want to get this resolved for you.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm a talk talk user with the same problem - NowTV app on PS4 seems to make the Talk Talk router turn off and restart and knock out all the wifi every 5/10mins when watching a show.

Talk Talk have sent an engineer and replaced my router but I think the problem lies with you?

What is the estimated time this is going to take to sort out?
Is it worth cancelling my subscription in the meantime as its totally unwatchable currently.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They will not fix it look how long this problem has been ongoing- http://community.nowtv.com/t5/PlayStation-4/Internet-keeps-resetting-after-about-20-mins/td-p/400732

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

The solution has been posted on the other thread regarding this issue for about a month now.

TalkTalk need to deploy a fix to your routers filmware so please follow the instructions on this post.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/PlayStation-4/Internet-keeps-resetting-after-about-20-mins/m-p/405624/highlight/true#M2624

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I've tried this but Talk Talk don't seem to be aware of it!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same i also tried they have no idea what you are talking about unfortunatley.