Search

First Poster
Ben1988

Simultaneous Streams

[ Edited ]

I've went to watch a movie on now tv this afternoon and this message has come up "you've reached the maximum number of concurrent streams permitted per account. You can continue to watch by stopping play on one of your other devices (10021)
In English please as I'm very hungover and would love to lay under my duvet all day and watch films. Thank you in advance.

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Zaheer-H

Re: Simultaneous Streams

Hi Ben1988,

Thank you for your post.

Have a read through how to resolve Simultaneous Streams.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

First Poster
Ben1988

Problem still isn't resolved have restarted my home hub and waited around 1 hour jut went to play a movie and was met with 'video has signalled an error. Error code is :5' please HELP
NOW TV Team (Retired)
Zaheer-H

Error Code 5 - PS3 App.

[ Edited ]

Hi Ben1988,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with NOW TV.

Please kindly do the following troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue of Error Code 5.

It sounds like it maybe a disk or database issue can you try the following:

1.      Please go out of the app

2.      Go back in start a Movie, Show or Event and tap L2,

3.      On screen 3 bits of info will show up.

Then delete all NOW TV entries in the gamedata section of the XMB:

Navigate to game>gamedata and delete all NOW TV related entries.

Then uninstall and reinstall the app and any updates.

Then repeat the process from before

4.      Please go out of the app

5.      Go back in start a Movie, Show or Event and tap L2,

6.      On screen 3 bits of info will show up can you please tell if they match before or are different.

If after that the service still does not work then:

Access the PS3 Recovery Menu (Safe Mode)

1.      With the system in standby mode. Press and hold the power button down until the system turns on and then off again. Release the power button. Very important to hold the power button until the console shuts off and to release the power button before continuing to step 2.

2.      After about 1 - 2 seconds press and hold the power button again, until you hear 2 consecutive beeps. Release the power button. During this step you will actually here three beeps. There will be one single beep then a short delay followed by the 2 consecutive beeps. Only release the the power button after the 2 consecutive beeps.

3.      You will then be instructed to plug in a controller, via the usb cord, and press the PS button.

4.      At this point the PS3 Recovery Menu will be shown on the screen. 

Important Note

If possible, backup all of your data before using any of these features. Any of the following features can eliminate data if they find corrupt files and, some erase data as part of their function.

PS3 Recovery Menu Options

Can you try option 3 and then 4? Trying the service in between to see if the previous fix has worked?

3.      Restore File System

helpful for freezing not loading crashing

This will rewrite the files the PS3 uses to boot. This feature will help if files have become corrupted and are not allowing the console to boot as normal. This should not erase any of your saved data or settings.

4.      Rebuild Database

helpful for freezing not loading crashing

This can be a useful feature if you have lost files on your system for no apparent reason. Try using this feature to see if it can restore those files. This will also rewrite corrupted files within the database, potentially eliminating future issues. This feature should not erase any of your saved data or settings.

I am of course assuming that your console is using the latest firmware version? If this is not the case can you update to version 4.53.

Can you also confirm the PS3 Firmware version number (Under Settings>System settings>system information on the PS3 XMB) and the NOW TV app version number and size after completing these steps (press triangle on the NOW TV app and select information with x and these details should be listed)?

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

First Poster
Ben1988

Re: Error Code 5 - PS3 App.

I have tried option one when I press L2 I'm met with. Bitrate:0kbps. Bandwidth 0 Kbps versi : 23
First Poster
Tanz

I can't sign in

When I try to sign in on ps3 I keep getting a message saying oops something went wrong here were working on it please check back later I signed up last night and still haven't been able to use the service if this is a taste of nowtv then I won't be keeping it NOT IMPRESSED
NOW TV Team (Retired)
Zaheer-H

Re: I can't sign in

Hi Tanz,

Thank you for your post.

Please do the following that may help resolve the issue.

Restart your broadband router.

Then 2-3 minutes later restart your pc/laptop or a mac. Then sign into your NOW TV account only on a pc/laptop or a mac and watch successfully for a minute or so.

Delete the NOW TV app from the PS3 and restart the PS3.

Then install the NOW TV app on the PS3 and sign into your NOW TV account exactly as you did on a pc/laptop or a mac.

Thanks,

Zaheer

NOW TV Team.

First Poster
Tanz

Re: I can't sign in

ive had to change half my account to get it up and running as i put in the right details last night it now says ive had my 30 days free even though i havent but at least its on now

First Poster
boo1484

Hi,

I keep getting the message "You've reached the maximum number of simultaneous streams on your account. To watch NOW TV on this device, please stop watching on one of your other devices."

I have no other devices and have tried all the help suggestions.

Its very annoying as it will work 1 minute but not the next! Help it's driving me crazy!