Search

First Poster
david1783
Accepted Solution

i cant get the sound on my comp when im watching live tv or movies

ive installed silverlight on my pc but theres no sound on now tv when im watching live tv or movies

First Poster
grahamnapier

once downloaded to my pc, how do i maximise the screen/adjust volume/pause etc?

how do i maximise screen on pc/adjust volume/pause etc?

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Farzana-B

Hi grahamnapier,   Thanks for your post.   Once you click...

Hi grahamnapier,

Thanks for your post.

Once you click on the movies and it begins to play out, there should be a tool bar across the bottom where the play/ pause button.

The duration of the movie is also indicated there and next to it are there options for volume and full screen.

If you cannot see these option, please get in touch again.

Thanks

Farzana

NOW TV Team

NOW TV Team
Simon-J

Re: I can't get the sound on my comp when im watching live tv or movies

Hi David1783,

Could I ask you to first of all open your volume mixer by right clicking the icon on the taskbar and choosing "Open volume mixer" from here you can check if any options are showing as muted.

Are you able to hear audio on other sites such as Youtube? 

If you visit the Sliverlight website here and choose "On demand" this will indicate if this is a Silverlight problem.

Another option would be to see if you get audio using headphones if you are not already.

Hope this helps.

Simon

NOWTV Team

survey.png

Rookie
Insomniac93

After countless attempts to get the video working i have no sound, youtube/itunes have sound fine.

I've been having a few problems getting the Player to load, the only thing that worked was to open Internet explorer, close it and open firefox, completely randomly, that shouldnt be the way to make it work but it did, and now i have no sound on the player whatsoever, youtube/itunes etc all play sound fine. Any help please?

Thanks.

NOW TV Team
Simon-J

Re: After countless attempts to get the video working I have no sound, youtube/itunes have sound fin

Hi Insomniac93, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting theses issues with playback, this sounds like it might be a problem with Silverlight. In order to try and get to the bottom of this I'd like to ask you try some of the same steps as the previous poster -

Could I ask you to first of all open your volume mixer by right clicking the icon on the taskbar and choosing "Open volume mixer" from here you can check if any options are showing as muted.

If you visit the Sliverlight website here and choose "On demand" this will indicate if this is a Silverlight problem.

Another option would be to see if you get audio using headphones if you are not already.

If I could also check if you are able to see and adjust the volume control with-in our player?

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

survey.png

Rookie
Insomniac93

Re: After countless attempts to get the video working I have no sound, youtube/itunes have sound fin

I've made a few adjustments to Silverlight after your last post, all is well with the player so far, thanks.

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Si-D

Insomniac93 wrote:

I've made a few adjustments to Silverlight after your last post, all is well with the player so far, thanks.

Hi Insomniac93,

Thanks for letting us know our fixes helped.

As always we are glad to hear another community user is now able to enjoy the service.

Happy viewing,

Si,

NOW TV Team

First Poster
ben1979

Hi there

What adjustments to Silverlight did you make to get it working??

Thanks

Ben

NOW TV Team (Retired)
James-T

Hi ben1979,

Thanks for your post.

Have you taken a look at what we asked Insomniac93 to try? Have you tried any of what we have suggested?

Is your problem still happening, are we able to help at all?

We look forward to hearing from you,

James T

NOW TV Team