paul1360

Windows 8

Hiya,

Does NOWTV work with Windows 8 OS????

iechyd da

Ted
First Poster
Ted

My registered devices are no longer working after upgrade to windows 8.

My registered devices are no longer working after upgrade to windows 8. They are no longer are recognised as the being registered. I have tried reseting my registered devises and assigning them again. This is not working as it is saying i already have 2 registered devices.

I'm currently unable to use any device to watch now TV.

First Poster
Lee190

Re: Windows 8

Hey paul, I'm using windows 8 and it works great for me :smileyhappy: hope this helps.

Chatterbox
paul1360

Hi Lee,

Great news but it's very hit and miss from what I can see, it's the same with Sky Go, 2 mates have new laptops and 1 works ok the other don't crazy. If you ring for support then you are told Windows 8 is not supported on either app and that's the end of it. As it's not officiaily supported they will not answer anything on it. 

iechyd da

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Aaron-S

Hi paul1360

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with NOW TV.

As previously mentioned, Windows 8 is not currently a supported operating system for NOW TV, and so we can't guarantee 100% compatibility. However, if you could let me know what happens when you try to use NOW TV on your Windows 8 device, I'll do my best to resolve the issue for you.

P.S. if you could also tell me the device you are using it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron

NOW TV Team

Chatterbox
paul1360

an error obtaining  video information.

Toshiba LapTop brand new windows 8

Same as I'm getting with Sky Go and no before you ask it's not my laptop at fault as at the monment I have another 2 identical laptops (not mine lol mates & Son's) and can get nowtv working on 1 and sky go on another but not able to change them around.

I think it's best If I leave this alone and hope Sky will get it sorted 

iechyd da

First Poster
plintern

Windows 8

I have upgraded to Win 8 Pro and cannot get any film to run from the 'Watch Now' button

Peter Lintern

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Mo-D

Hi plintern,

We can't guarantee it will work with Windows 8 as it's not fully supported.

If you let us know what device you're using and what happens when you try to watch a movie, we can try to help.

Regards,

Mo

NOW TV Team

Chatterbox
paul1360

The really stupid silly thing in all of this is that the Sky News app for windows 8 and windows 8 RT works great and are supported but not NOWTV or Sky Go, how crazy is that.

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Kathrin

Dear Paul1360,

if you have 2 devices registered on Sky Go, you won't have any devices free for NOW TV. Are you using Sky Go under the same Sky iD?

Regards

Kathrin

NOW TV Team