Search

First Poster
scuzzeralex
Accepted Solution

NOWTV-SMPC?

Hi my Mac was showing up as <USERID>-SMPC on the manage devices screen. After watching a film on my Mac today I have had another device appear in the fourth slot called NOWTV-SMPC. What is this device? Do I need to remove <USERID>-SMPC or NOWTV-SMPC to continue watching films on my Mac but open another slot?

I also have <USERID>-SMPS which is my PS3 and <USERID>-SMYOUVIEW whis is my youview box in the manage devices screen.

Professional
flibblesan

Re: NOWTV-SMPC?

[ Edited ]

You don't need to remove any devices from the list unless you are no longer able to view NowTV content on your Mac. 

The most important part is the code after the hyphen. SMPC means a computer connection through a web browser. SMPS is your PS3, SMRK would be a NowTV box. Having NOWTV- at the start may just be a bug in the system but it won't cause any problems with viewing. 

----
Community member trying to help other members out. If you found my post helpful then please click the give kudos button below. thank you :smileyhappy:
Jedi
StuartRogerson

Have you just updated to Maverick? If so it thinks it is a new computer. If you want to free up a slot delete the original PC. If not then you don't need to do anything.
scuzzeralex

Thanks, I deleted the <USERID>-SMPC device and I can still watch movies on my Mac. I'm not sure why my Mac has changed it's name in the devices list because NOWTV-SMPC wasn't there before. I haven't updated to Mavericks yet so it must be a bug. I might need that 4th slot in the future.