Search

First Poster
samson83

Cant load videos in windows 8.1 preview

Hi All,

Ive got windows 8.1 preview and tried using both IE, Chrome and Firfox but all have the same issues.

I try and click on a film i want to see and just get the loading icon in the middle of the screen, it does not go away and i cant seem to find a fix for this. All other videos seem to work fine, i.e youtube, bbc i player etc but just NOW TV is giving me issues.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue.

Many thanks

Sam

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Char-A

Re: Cant load videos in windows 8.1 preview

Hi there samson83,

Thanks a lot for getting in touch.

Is IE 8.1 preview a new release or a another version of 8?

Not sure we officially support this but you can try these things:

- Update your Silverlight using this link.

- Head into Silverlight if it is up to date and within the playback tab, un tick the hardware accelerated box.

Refresh and try again.

Let us know if this helps at all?

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

Chatterbox
MartynDrake

If the team at Now TV have a Technet Subscription (before they go the way of the dodo), you should be able to download the gold master (or RTM) of Windows 8.1 - consumers should be able to get it within the next month.  A bit of a change of heart from Microsoft who said that Technet subs wouldn't get it.

I've just put Windows 8.1 with Internet Explorer 11 through its paces, and video played back just fine.  

Ironiclly, Windows 8.1 was running as a virtual machine on the same Mac that can't play NOW TV videos because - possibly - OS X's Filevault is in use. (facepalm)

ILW
First Poster
ILW

HELP - BEING A NON TECHY...  I DOWNLOADED 8.1 BEFORE I BOUGHT NOW TV... HOW TO I GOT ABOUT DOWNLOADING THIS GOLD THINGY SO THAT MY DAUGHTER CAN WATCH NOW TV FROM MY COMPUTER. DESPERATE TO GET RID OF NETFLIX...

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Sal-H

Hi ILW,

Just to let you know, we don't support the use of Windows 8.1 with NOW TV on IE11. If you have Windows 8.1, please use another browser to continue watching NOW TV.

All you should need to do is sign in with your username and password, and start watching :smileyhappy:

Let us know if you experience any difficulties.

Sal

NOW TV Team

ILW
First Poster
ILW

Daft question.... how do I use a different browser......

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Adrian-B

Hi ILW.

First thing first, no such thing as a daft question! We all have different levels of knowledge and we are all learning.

You can go into any search engine such as Google to download new browsers, I would recommend 'Google Chrome' and 'Mozilla Firefox' to download for now.

Then once you select a new browser to use just enter our website address as usual and see if you are able to view content normally.

If you need any other advice just let us know.

Kind Regards

Adrian

NOW TV Team.