cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv smart box

Hi the only form of aerial i have is from a shy satellite dish which I currently use for freesat. Wild that aerial plug into the back of the now tv smart box? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry that should be sky satellite dish lol
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately satellite transmissions and Freeview transmissions are two completely different systems, you won't be able to plug the satellite cable into the Smart Box or convert the satellite feeds to work with the Smart Box.

You'll either need an external aerial or a portable indoor aerial to take advantage of the Freeview tuner in the box,  although the NOW TV app and other catch-up apps from BBC, ITV etc on the Smart Box all work via your Internet connection so will still work even if you don't connect an aerial to it.

You could therefore carry on using your current Freesat box for watching satellite and the Smart Box just to watch the apps if you wanted to.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User to be honest you get more channels on Freestat than Freeview. So you are best to keep to that for free to air content.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.