Search

First Poster
Jackieh

how do I connect now tv box to home cinema system

I have just successfully connected now tv box to our tv.We have bought a multiple hdmi port box as we have sky sports on contract but wanted now tv for movies. However we are able to watch the movies but have to have the sound coming thru the tv and would like it to come thru the surround sound system. Any ideas please

Wannabe Egghead
GraphiteGB

Re: how do I connect now tv box to home cinema system

Please post the Model and number of the sound system... and HDTV...and which other device you use to get the sports sub...

Not enough info has been posted... 

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Beta Tester PS3 and PS4...

Waiting To Pre order EU PS Vita TV or Kindle fire TV releases in UK...
First Poster
Jackieh

Thx. Is a samsung surround sound (sorry dont know model) and Sony Bravia TV. We get sports subscription thru Sky plus box

First Poster
ianptv

A modern AV receiver in a home cinema system will have mulitple HDMI inputs and also legacy optical and/or coaxial spdif and analogue inputs. You can plug the Now TV box into an HDMI input on such a receiver and it will extract the audio and pass the video on to the TV it's connected to. Older AV receivers and most budget all in one DVD/Blu ray "home cinema systems" will have no HDMI input and in the latter case maybe no inputs at all. The Now TV box doesn't have an spdif output so if you can't make use of the digital audio from the HDMI all that is left is the analogue stereo on the AV connector for which a suitable cable is required.

First Poster
KCEE

[ Edited ]

If you want surround sound (5.1) your amp must accept an HDMI input.

For just stereo sound from your amp you will require a stereo 3.5mm plug to 2 x RCA plugs (Left and right).

I've used similar and it works well.

First Poster
Jackieh

Thanks everyone. Have shown replies to husband who understands what you are all saying - unlike me who can only figure it out if you have to plug it in and turn it on! Thanks for your help