cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User are you on Virgin? It might be worth setting up the guest wifi on the router and seeing if you can connect to that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks but I'm with BT, just annoyed the service is interrupted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
Tried all these solutions will not connect to the Internet!
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to connect your NOW TV Box to your Internet. 

Can you please let us know who your Internet provider is? 

Are you also able to try to connect your NOW TV Box to a different Wifi connection? 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi my internet is virgin, no I haven't tried to connect to another internet provider, the box is back on its package and it is going back to the store for a refund far too much hassle for £14.99!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you try rebooting your router and or changing the router channel please. Or try these steps. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If the box has worked fine previously, You can forget all the rubbish about Disable Network Pings, etc. as it makes no difference. I expect Sky's first level helpdesk script says this is the fix, and the clowns that tend to man these desks know little more than how to read a script...

When the NowTV box connects to your router, as part of the set up/connection process it gives itself a static IP. If the power is off to your box for more than a couple hours this static. IP needs clearing from your router device list, and you need to allow it to use a dynamic IP again. Go through the connection process and it'll be fine and connect as required, then it'll fix the IP address with your router again as required.

if the box will not connect (error 014) brand new out of the packaging it is most likely knackered...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

if the box will not connect (error 014) brand new out of the packaging it is most likely knackered...

or you just need to disable pings, most likely because you have a Virgin Super Hub

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I'll send you an email shortly 🙂

Cheers 

James

Now TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Hope u or anybody can help.

Have had a now TV box for months, just got round to familiarise and use it. Have done all the initial stuff and tried to buy a one day sky sports pass and get the following message on screen.

Mpp card expired.

Error code 4024

"Something went wrong, we are working on it."

Contact www.nowtv.com/help(4024)

Totally lost with all this, am sure it's my fault but this is all getting a bit of a pain.

Grateful for any help or ideas.

Thanks.