cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry, the device change rules are standard for every customer, but we do make allowances when there's a problem like this.

I'll send you and email shortly.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With a computer or other internet device such has a tablet etc, you need to open your web browser and type in

http://bthomehub.home

This will then bring up your BT Router settings on your computer screen, where you then need to follow the instructions on my previous lnked page. 

I know it's a little bit techie, but this is the only way you can access the BT Router settings unfortunately.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the wireless connections on the advanced setting it states that the device is connected.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

OK,

That means your Router sees your NowTV box on the WiFi network.

Have you found the refresh button to click under Network Devices ?

Suppose you could try a different WiFi channel if you know how to do it on the Router (don't think it would help, but again might be worth a try).

The last thing that i would suggest is to reboot the NowTV box by switching off at the mains then restart it again.

Just double checking, you have disabled the network pings on the NowTV box pressing the key code sequence on your remote controller from the NowTV 014 error guide help article ? 

Appart from that i have run out of ideas sorry, hopefully another forum member can assist.

Or you could try Live chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for all your help.  All suggestions tried but still not work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would also like to add that my Roku stick is working fine so I have some to the conclusion that the NOW TV box is knackered after less than a year.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried the NowTV live chat service, they may give you some further advice or assistance ?

To contact live chat, open my linked page below, click on the "contact us" in the green box this will open a new page where you will see an option to click on live chat.

Recommend using a PC, Laptop or Mac when you contact them.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

the bet advice i can give to people is to get a white box of ebay for a tenner as i did setup like a treat..why someone should pay 15 pounds for super new black box to find it doesnt work..i am fed up listening to people telling me to do this do that with your hub...i am riddled with arthritis they dont think about the disabled ...as far as i am concerned if you pay 15 pounds it should work its up to nowtv sort you paid the money they should give the service ..get a white box and get rid of your headaches...im sick of taking painkillers to setup black box then i find it wont work...best of luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User error 14 occurs on the white box too for Virgin Media customers. It's possible your second hand box already had pings disabled. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is the same solution for both boxes - disable the pings setting via the hidden menu.

It would have been better if this information was included in the set-up instructions or used as the default setting.