cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

error code 014

hi, ive tried everything i can think of but cant connect. keep getting error 014 . sorry for grammer on smart tv browser.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Give the following the instructions a go to fix this: NOW TV error 014 

Regards,

Michael

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

524 REPLIES 524
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried all the listed stuff and nothing worked. Then did as this user said and made the two touch and got the green signal! Good work, thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon,

I finally got through to live chat, The chap took me through every step i told him i had already tried and then told me that that someone would email me as he could not fix it. Someone did indeed email me. They emailed me the same advice that has already failed on at least a dozen attempts. The email does not allow me to reply so I am stuck once more.

Then i had a brainwave, why dont i just return the box. So i entered my serial number into to your website serial number tracker, guess what, it doesn't exist. What on earth is going on?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is just a joke now no further forwards than when I first got the stupid thing!!! Spend hrs trying all the trouble shooting thing over and overs again and other thing and nothing!!!!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 not happy!!!!!!!!!!!
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisamurray,

Thanks for posting.

Can you tell us what you have done in terms of troubleshooting so I know how bets to proceed with your issue?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
The box was working fine until we moved house. I already been through the disable the ping then reset the box - then it worked for a week. Now we just couldn't get the box connect to local internet again and kept on getting error 014. I have tried the ping, resetting box and reboot the router. All our devices connect to internet fine.
So what's your suggestion??
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Put the box and router together(touching),run set up then when connected move anywhere u want in the house,don't forget to disable the ping

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You may see the error message 014, during the setup of your NOW TV box, when attempting to connect your NOW TV box to your wireless network.

To move past this message, you’ll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing these buttons on your NOW TV box remote control. This must be done in quick succession:

1. Home (x5)
  2. Fast Forward
  3. Play
  4. Rewind
  5. Play
  6. Fast Forward

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

If the steps don't work, please reset your NOW TV Box, and try to connect it to your wireless network again.

Please Note
If you're using Virgin Media Superhub, you can also try changing your channel setting to auto.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the TV box and I couldn't get into works I went on the chatline because of the error 014

it was not conncting to the route the second stage anyway so I went  on the chatline from while they couldn't solve it so they sent me a second box which was acting exactly the same. So I've had a second go on the chatlinebut no joy.

They said they were going to escalate it to a supervisor and I get an email when one didn't arrive after five days I contacted them and the email did arrive today but once again no joy I followed their instructions

So I've just go on the chatline for the third time now so they going to contact me and if I find a solution I will post it on here.

We are on  virgin media standard setup and there must be a simple solution but it seems to because in them a problem at the moment. I'll keep on with it and  post a solution on the when it arrives 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You need to disable pings. Please google now to disable ping. I have Virgin superhub and had to do this to get it to work. Watching plex on nowtv at moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
You need to disable pings. Please google now to disable ping. I have Virgin superhub and had to do this to get it to work. Watching plex on nowtv at moment.

@Anonymous User wrote:

I would be careful of buying the Now TV television box because I purchase one a few weeks ago and it will not log into my virgin media route. It comes over the error message 014 and drops off the connection stage to. On the last email they said quote this reference number00979261 which I did but if they keep records they keep asking me to do the same actions logging into the route closing down the 5 GHz doing various of the things I'm used to doing now and it always ends up with the same result it doesn't work! Factually I've been on a chat line 5 times and every time you go on they ask you to do exactly the same things and end up by stating that it will be escalated to a supervisor and an email will be sent, but all happens is you get an email with the same instructions as the previous one. Tonight I was on their chatline again for over an hour and I just said I can keep on going round in circles why can't you just refund the small fee I paid for the TV box on principle and I'll use other devices to access your television service. I'm a reasonable person I don't want to make a fuss but if you do have a problem you could end up wasting hours of your life I probably spent around six hours on this so far. The last thing the person on their chatline said to me tonight was that this will go to their top technical person who will solve the problem now so I'm going to see if this happens and I repost if it does but if not I'm just going to relay the facts that it can be solved and they never came up with a solution ore admitted they couldn't find the problem