Search

Novice
doppelganger

Will ITVPlayer and 4OnDemand come to the NowTV box ?

As you have invested heavily into ROKU to develop the NowTV box and you have ITV Player and 4OnDemand on your satellite receivers, surely you will move to get UK specific versions onto the NowTV box even if they don't become available on other ROKU boxes. It would fit with Sky's philosophy of adding more and more value into a product. What are your plans ?

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Char-A

Re: Will ITVPlayer and 4OnDemand come to the NowTV box ?

Hi doppelganger,

We don't have our hands on the future plans at the moment. 

NOW TV Box is still brand new out of the box so there will be quite a few plans in the pipeline but we will not know until we are given the official release.

Be assured we will update everyone when we do get our hands on this information.

Thanks for your interest.

Char

NOW TV Team

G2C
Colt
G2C

Official apps will come IF the content provders develop the platform specific apps. The Roku side of the NowTV Box is 'open source Linux' with lots of developer apps, so could the apps we all want could easly be developed!! but will they, nobody knows :/

First Poster
bejeezus123

Any update on those "few plans in the pipeline" that were mentioned a month or so ago?

Its getting pretty boring waiting for NOWTV to add some movies that I actually want to watch!

Shaman
GraphiteGB

bejeezus123 wrote:

Any update on those "few plans in the pipeline" that were mentioned a month or so ago?

Its getting pretty boring waiting for NOWTV to add some movies that I actually want to watch!

Then SELL it and cancel your account.

The Nowtv box is for getting viewers to upgrade there TV to recieve NowTV IPTV any thing else is a bonus..

But if you realy wanted to know you would have allready read that NOWTV have ZERO controll over what apps are coded.... for the Ruko boxes... as they don't own either company...

flibblesan wrote:

Not unless Channel 4 and ITV produce apps for Roku. Users have been asking them for months to make them and they still haven't. 

GraphiteGB wrote:

Ch4 have been developing HTML5 apps for devices and have released these new apps to other devices.

A CH4 ruko port of the app could be likely...

ITV is very unlikely... They have not been active on the device app front and seam to have zero interest in free IPTV apps.

They are more interested in making PPV content apps and have expressed public interest in making you pay per episode instead of having as many adverts as CH4 do...

Need to be confirmed but expect ITVs PPV charge system wont be supported on the box... as it was going to be stand alone no PC required system...

Shaman
GraphiteGB

[ Edited ]

The current HTML5 4oD app is a bit more complex than the other apps on the other boxes...

So will need tweeking and fixing... for NowTV

First Poster
bejeezus123

[ Edited ]

Maybe you'd like to actually read my post in the context of this thread GraphiteGB?

I was responding to a comment made by a member of NowTV promising great things in the pipeline for the ow TV box.

I also dispute your claim that Sky have no control over available apps..

1). NowTV have restricted the available apps even when there is no obvious competition

2). Sky have a sizeable investment in Roku

3). I would point out that Sky already have agreements to provide content from ITV and 4OD

I am also quite capable of cancelling my subscription without having to take advice from a jumped up VIP(?) Thank You!

NOW TV Team (Retired)
Char-A

[ Edited ]

Hi bejeezus123,

Thanks for your post.

The NOW TV Box is still a newly released product therefore of course there will be changes over time.

Any plans for the NOW TV Box will be updated accordingly across all platforms.

Currently we have no new information.

I have edited your post as this breaches our house rules.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team

First Poster
bejeezus123

What was the breach as the word you removed contained an asterisk?
NOW TV Team (Retired)
Char-A

Hi there bejeezus123,

Thanks for your post.

House rule number 2:

You must not post any comments which:

2) Contain swear words or language which may offend. This may include swear words with asterisks replacing some letters.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Char

NOW TV Team